Buyer claiming fake Louboutins - need advice please!

Nov 12, 2007
I recently sold a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes from my personal collection. I don't have the receipt as they are several years old but the original price tag from Saks is still on the box. The buyer sent a request for a return claiming that they are not authentic. Per my listing, returns are not accepted. I don't want to accept the return based on the principle - they are not fake and by taking them back, it's like I'm admitting she's right. She's also requesting that I pay return shipping. Looking at the forum, it seems like eBay always sides with the buyer. Is it worth fighting or should I just accept the return, avoid the headache and move on? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Last edited:
If they have the Saks tag on the shoe why does she think they are fake?

If it were me, I would accept the return, but would not pay for return shipping.

It may be better you accept the return because if they force you to accept the return then they will ding your stars.

Ebay does not always side with the buyer---------God I wish people would stop saying that.
Loubs are notoriously dicey to buy online. My guess is that they don't fit. Or that she rented them for a special occasion---it is party season.
Did she happen to say why she thinks they are fake? I know certain staple styles have undergone changes w/in the last few years.
I certainly wouldn't knuckle under right off the bat.

I'm not saying the shoes are fake but the Saks tag on the box doesn't mean anything. Authenticity of an item cannot be based on an accessory item such as a box, receipt, tags, etc. All can be faked or genuine props can be used to "prove" authenticity of fakes. It's the details of the shoes themselves that determine authenticity.

Reactions: Prufrock613

If it were me, I would accept the return, but would not pay for return shipping.

It may be better you accept the return because if they force you to accept the return then they will ding your stars.
I have asked her why she thinks they are fake. Good point about my stars being affected if eBay forces me to accept the return. I thought about the buyer leaving negative feedback but hadn't considered what eBay would do to my status

I'm not saying the shoes are fake but the Saks tag on the box doesn't mean anything. Authenticity of an item cannot be based on an accessory item such as a box, receipt, tags, etc. All can be faked or genuine props can be used to "prove" authenticity of fakes. It's the details of the shoes themselves that determine authenticity.
True, I guess people can fake just about anything these days. I have asked her why she thinks they are fake. I just checked and authenticate4u does authenticate Louboutins. I think I'll refer her here.

I thought with a "fake" accusation buyers need to have the item authenticated versus just saying it is fake. Sounds like the shoes did not right and it is buyers remorse.
Nope, I sold an authentic Louis Vuitton wallet. Buyer filed a case "something isn't right", then went on to say she thinks it's fake. I then provided a copy of my original receipt with my name & address on it showing that it was me that bought the wallet directly from LV. The Buyer then agreed that the Wallet was not fake! Evil Bay sided with her all the way down the line. I was out shipping too and got dinged as the Seller and haven't gotten a credit back to my account for the sale. Buyer & Evil Bay both win...and I lose everything.

Reactions: serybrazil
I recently sold a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes from my personal collection. I don't have the receipt as they are several years old but the original price tag from Saks is still on the box. The buyer sent a request for a return claiming that they are not authentic. Per my listing, returns are not accepted. I don't want to accept the return based on the principle - they are not fake and by taking them back, it's like I'm admitting she's right. She's also requesting that I pay return shipping. Looking at the forum, it seems like eBay always sides with the buyer. Is it worth fighting or should I just accept the return, avoid the headache and move on? Thanks in advance for your advice.
This happened to me exactly. I thought that by accepting the return, I was admitting to selling a fake. I fought long & hard...and lost. Not pretty.
I would not do that again. I will never fight a case like this only to lose and go through all of the anguish that this put me through. Oh, and she filed this case so that when I woke up on Thanksgiving morning, the case was sitting in my in box. How thoughtful of her. I had to struggle to not let it ruin my Thanksgiving...
Just my 2 cents.

Nope, I sold an authentic Louis Vuitton wallet. Buyer filed a case "something isn't right", then went on to say she thinks it's fake. I then provided a copy of my original receipt with my name & address on it showing that it was me that bought the wallet directly from LV. The Buyer then agreed that the Wallet was not fake! Evil Bay sided with her all the way down the line. I was out shipping too and got dinged as the Seller and haven't gotten a credit back to my account for the sale. Buyer & Evil Bay both win...and I lose everything.
Was the buyer's agreement that the wallet wasn't fake done through ebay messages and was it prior to ebay's deciding the case against you? If so, I'd call ebay (and keep calling until successful) and point out to them that they erred.

Tulip,
Call customer service at the bay and explain you failed to receive your final value fees.

They will probably say 'this is a one time courtsey,' like they are going out of the way for you or it's a pain in their necks, but you are entitled to your FVF. That is not fair. I didn't see that in your original thread. I think you are allowed 30 days to call and request it, but don't quote me on that please.

Tulip,
Call customer service at the bay and explain you failed to receive your final value fees.

They will probably say 'this is a one time courtsey,' like they are going out of the way for you or it's a pain in their necks, but you are entitled to your FVF. That is not fair. I didn't see that in your original thread. I think you are allowed 30 days to call and request it, but don't quote me on that please.
Thank you! It doesn't hurt to try.

Tulip,

No, they didn't fight it at all. They are going to reverse my Final Value Fee within 15 minutes! Thank you!!! :hugs: