Buyer claimed item fake, provide paypal with receipt, will I win the case?

joysyoggi

O.G.
Jan 14, 2012
So I have sold my beloved mini chloe bag on ebay, the Canadian buyer bought it and not to mention it took me over a week to get the money, right after the bag arrived she filed a claim claiming its fake.

During the conversation before the purchase, she did mention about receipt and honestly I moved and misplaced it. Maybe that's why she got the bag and wanted it for free.

So right after I saw the claim, I got on the phone with Saks Fifth Avenue representative and she sent me the receipt and I forwarded it to Paypal. Now patiently waiting for the result.

What do you guys think? I hope they cancel her paypal account, I can't deal with scammers ;)

OH WOW! I absolutely can't stand people like that. I really hope you win your case. Please keep us posted on this case. I definitely want to see what paypal does in light of a receipt.

I hope that Paypal accepts your receipt as proof of authenticity. Ebay has become such a scary place for both sellers and buyers. I have been using ebay since 1998, but I refuse to sell anything over $100 on there now because of their policies and all the scammers on there. If you accept returns, would the buyer not be required to return the purse before she receives a refund? I hope everything works out for you!

So I have sold my beloved mini chloe bag on ebay, the Canadian buyer bought it and not to mention it took me over a week to get the money, right after the bag arrived she filed a claim claiming its fake.

During the conversation before the purchase, she did mention about receipt and honestly I moved and misplaced it. Maybe that's why she got the bag and wanted it for free.

So right after I saw the claim, I got on the phone with Saks Fifth Avenue representative and she sent me the receipt and I forwarded it to Paypal. Now patiently waiting for the result.

What do you guys think? I hope they cancel her paypal account, I can't deal with scammers ;)

She might be a scammer or maybe she has buyer's remorse and wants to force a return or maybe she is misinformed and really thinks it is fake. Receipts are way easier to fake than bags so I don't know how Paypal would view the receipt. The opinion of a professional authenticator would probably ***** a receipt so I would also look to lining up a authentication for this.

Whether you are dealing with a scammer or a buyer with buyer's remorse or a misinformed buyer, sometimes it is easier to accept a return than fight a claim.

She might be a scammer or maybe she has buyer's remorse and wants to force a return or maybe she is misinformed and really thinks it is fake. Receipts are way easier to fake than bags so I don't know how Paypal would view the receipt. The opinion of a professional authenticator would probably ***** a receipt so I would also look to lining up a authentication for this.

Whether you are dealing with a scammer or a buyer with buyer's remorse or a misinformed buyer, sometimes it is easier to accept a return than fight a claim.

Agree.. sometimes buyers just test the waters & look for a little reassurance
(perhaps the receipt will be enough).

Did she specifically mention why she thinks the bag is fake??

I've heard of cases where if the buyer files that the item is a counterfeit, sometimes paypal/eBay won't even allow the buyer to return the item back to seller, because they fear that the item will be relisted. Therefore, the buyer gets to keep the item and the return.

I really hope this wasn't her mind-set.

I hope that Paypal accepts your receipt as proof of authenticity. Ebay has become such a scary place for both sellers and buyers. I have been using ebay since 1998, but I refuse to sell anything over $100 on there now because of their policies and all the scammers on there. If you accept returns, would the buyer not be required to return the purse before she receives a refund? I hope everything works out for you!

Yep, this is why I just sold my LV bag to Meme's Treasures and got a little less than I would have by selling it myself. It wasn't worth the trouble!

OP I'm sorry you're going through this and I hope that the receipt will the trick!

AFAIK, receipts aren't accepted as proof of anything because genuine receipts can be used to "prove" authenticity of a fake or a fake receipt can be shown. (There are sites that sell made-to-order receipts as well as machines to make your own fake receipts!)

ETA: If you have additional pictures than those shown in the listing, you might want to get them prepared to submit to A4U. The pictures in the listing aren't adequate for authentication purposes.

If there aren't any other pictures avaiable, I'd suggest accepting the return, issuing a refund and if you relist, include many clear closeup pictures of all the necessary details needed to prove your bag is authentic.

I think that, best case scenario, ebay will have her ship the bag back to you for a return (and hopefully she sends back the actual bag you shipped to her). Ebay never sides with the seller, no matter how much evidence you have.

I think that, best case scenario, ebay will have her ship the bag back to you for a return (and hopefully she sends back the actual bag you shipped to her). Ebay never sides with the seller, no matter how much evidence you have.
That's simply not true.

Although there certainly is a lopsidedness to ebay and paypal's decision, to say that they "never" rule in a seller's favor is false.

That's simply not true.

Although there certainly is a lopsidedness to ebay and paypal's decision, to say that they "never" rule in a seller's favor is false.

I'm sure that at some point in history ebay ruled in a seller's favor. It happens very rarely though. I have read horror stories on ebay's community pages. It will be interesting to see how this particular situation turns out.

So as everyone have mentioned, PayPal ruled against me and of coz I called to find out the reason why. First of all, I was already upset regarding the decision, and the first representative I spoke with, THOMAS, he was so rude and spoke very loud and tried to overpower me with his voice. Also, he just told me that no matter what the buyer will be shipping back the bag and I have no lose. I don't understand this logic and asked to speak with a superior and he said ok, and then hung up on me.

Then I called again, a very nice lady picked up and explained to me they wanted to protect me so I won't be out of the bag and the money, and it might happen if the buyer file a chargeback with her bank. I reasoned with her saying that I provided everything to them and still they sided with the scammer. She said unfortunately there is nothing she could do about it and I decided to speak with her supervisor.

This guy's name is SCOTTY. He was definitely a pain in the neck to talk with. He said something like since I decided to sell online, there was no protection to begin with and that was my choice. I completely understand but at the same time, why did PayPal mention there is seller protection when they claim there's no protection to the seller. Buyer could just file a claim and say it's not authentic whenever they have bad intention or buyers remorse.

To warn you guys, the eBay buyers ID is fernabriga! Buyer be Aware!