Buyer changed her mind

bgyoshi

O.G.
Nov 23, 2005
I just sold (BIN) a twice-used Chanel WOC last night to a buyer in Sydney, Australia who requested I mail it to her sister in the USA (My listing is set that I only ship within the USA). The address that I got from ebay and Paypal (verified) both lists this USA address. I also got a message from buyer to mail it ASAP. So I did, I mailed it this morning via USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation and insurance.

I just now received another message asking if I could hold the bag and perhaps refund her, since she realized now she can get the bag brand new at a store close to the price she paid me. I told her I already mailed it and gave her the tracking number. My listing states no refunds and to ask all questions prior to purchasing.

Do I have to worry or is there anything more I can do to protect myself as a seller? Now I'm worried it's some sort of scam or they'll do something requiring me to refund the money, I don't know! Any advice? Thanks!

Last edited:
I just sold (BIN) a twice-used Chanel WOC last night to a buyer in Sydney, Australia who requested I mail it to her sister in the USA (My listing is set that I only ship within the USA). The address that I got from ebay and Paypal (verified) both lists this USA address. I also got a message from buyer to mail it ASAP. So I did, I mailed it this morning via USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation and insurance.

I just now received another message asking if I could hold the bag and perhaps refund her, since she realized now she can get the bag brand new at a store close to the price she paid me. I told her I already mailed it and gave her the tracking number.

My listing states no refunds and to ask all questions prior to purchasing. Do I have to worry or is there anything more I can do to protect myself as a seller? Now I'm worried it's some sort of scam or they'll do something requiring me to refund the money, I don't know! Any advice? Thanks!

I just now received another message asking if I could hold the bag and perhaps refund her, since she realized now she can get the bag brand new at a store close to the price she paid me. I told her I already mailed it and gave her the tracking number.

My listing states no refunds and to ask all questions prior to purchasing. Do I have to worry or is there anything more I can do to protect myself as a seller? Now I'm worried it's some sort of scam or they'll do something requiring me to refund the money, I don't know! Any advice? Thanks!

Call USPS ask the to STOP the package ASAP

Doesnt matter what refund policy your Ebay listing has...all she has to do is open a claim through Paypal and she has a chance to get her money back. Paypal stinks like that. Sorry

Buyer is actually in same state so it should get delivered within a day or two since it was priority. I can't get to post office till tomorrow, I'm at work till 11:30pm.
The buyer just emailed me again and ask for a discount since my bag was used. Which was already disclosed in my listing!!

I have the thread started in eBay forum. thanks guys. yea it stinks people don't read before buying or just have buyers remorse. now she's asking for a discount because my bag was used. which I disclosed in the listing.

Hopefully you will be able to recall this package.

There is something about this that isn't sounding so good to me with this buyer.

I'd be more concerned about getting my bag back then who is paying
return shipping for the time being.

The buyer may be up to something not so pleasant.. asking for an additional discount,
wanting to return it because she can find it in a store...