Buyer can't pay for 7 days

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm not happy at all. In all of my auctions I state that payment is due within 48 hours or I will relist. Well, my winning bidder emailed me two days after she won to let me know that she cannot pay until Friday. Friday will be 7 days. She told me that she does not get her paycheck until Friday, but will pay for the dress. I do not think this is fair to me have to wait. Should I open a nonpaid dispute today, since it's been 5 days already or should I give her until Friday? BTW this buyer is from Australia and I just hope I don't have any problems with an International buyer.

2. I wouldn't open a non-pay dispute. Perhaps you can do a cancellation, stating your reason.

3. That's a good idea. I will email her this morning to see if she would be willing to do a cancellation. Thank you

4. you have to allow 7 days per ebay rules. It sucks yes, but its the policy

5. oh, crap! I always forget about that. It's a double edge sword, because buyers state when the item must be paid for (ie within 48 hours, 3 day, etc), but eBay has 7 days as a general rule... very confusing I say..

6. ^^ I don't think this is true anymore. Didn't eBay change this so buyers only have to wait four days now?

7. I just had the same thing happen. The buyer won 3 of my auctions on Sept. 30th and didn't respond to my invoices until I opened a NPD that's when she told me that she couldn't pay until Oct 16th!!!:nuts: I need to get of rid the dolls so I agreed but told her that if I didn't receive payment on the 16th I would continue with the case. Crossing my fingers for a payment. oh and she has 1 FB...should have been a sign

8. OMG I love your avatar!!! That's what I thought too. I thought we could open a dispute on the 4th day and then the buyer has 3 to 4 more days to pay.

9. I'm so sorry you are going through this too. I hope she pays you on the 16th. I hope you did not close your NPD. Keep it open in case she doesn't pay. I just sent my buyer an email to confirm that she will be paying on Friday. I will also open a NPD on Friday if she doesn't pay. I just hope I can still open one after 7 days.

10. yeah 4 plus 3 equals 7. I agree is annoying i always pay within 24 hours if not right after it ends. I would hate to make someone wait

11. it is most def. still open :biggrin:

12. october 16th? Good grief, that's wayyy more than 7 days - I hope she pays.

13. I always pay right after the auction ends too. Honestly, I don't know why this lady bid on my item when she does not have the money to pay. She will not get her paycheck until Friday. I really don't feel this is fair to me. I would never bid on something if I could not have the money to pay for it.

14. I know it seems so long. She better pay or I will open a dispute and block her.

15. I don't understand why people don't immediately pay for the things they bought. If you don't have the money for it, don't bid. When the auction ends and I've won, I pay at once. It's a no brainer. I have my credit card linked to PP, so I end up paying when the bill comes in. It works out for everyone.