Buyer blackmailing me

writtenstars

shopaholic :)
Jun 14, 2009
i had a IRN claim filed against me before, and i proved that i sent out the item with the receipt etc. And for some reason, it was cancelled or paypal decided in my favor, well, funds were put back into my account.

When the claim first started, i replied saying that i will give her a refund if she decides to cancel the claim. No response there, as she claimed that i was a "rude respondent".

After paypal cancelled the claim, she atually started communicateing back to me. And now, she is black mailing me.

***********000000]My NOT wanting to respond was due to your rudeness in our discussions.I will leave it with you for another week then i will be forced to leave feedback. Please do what you need to do to follow up this investigation. The feedback i leave will be appropriately based on our conversations and the assistance you have shown me. I have tried to communicate with you to try and resolve this issue.
If you change your mind and decide to refund my money then i would recommend you do so before i leave feedback. I will also be making a complaint to ebay about this transaction when i leave my feedback.
[/COLOR]

so, my question is, am i obligated to giving her a refund after the paypal claim? To be honest, I don't really mind her give me a negative, as this is my first negative, and if she says something nasty i might as well do the same on her neutral feedback!

And, can i complain to ebay about her black mailing me?

TIA!

That sounds like feedback extortion. You need to contact eBay because PP ruled in your favor and she is now demanding a refund despite the ruling. You are not obligated to refund her money. Let her neg you and you can reply to her feedback with your own under the comment. You can't leave a negative comment on a neutral feedback for her. eBay will delete it and you could end up with some kind of eBay punishment (whatever it is this week).

That sounds like feedback extortion. You need to contact eBay because PP ruled in your favor and she is now demanding a refund despite the ruling. You are not obligated to refund her money. Let her neg you and you can reply to her feedback with your own under the comment. You can't leave a negative comment on a neutral feedback for her. eBay will delete it and you could end up with some kind of eBay punishment (whatever it is this week).

where can i file a complaint with ebay? i've been trying to find the button but can't find it anywhere!

AND i just found out that i can only leave positive feedback!!!

Last edited:
I have contacted ebay this morning, and what i get is this:

I can certainly understand your concerns in this matter. I'm sorry for
the inconvenience that this situation has caused you.

I'd like to share with you that once an auction has ended with a winning
bidder or Buy It Now, it is considered a valid transaction and both
members involved will be able to leave each other feedback. eBay cannot
prevent members from leaving each other feedback once a valid
transaction has taken place even if the transaction did not complete
successfully in the end.

This is why we so strongly recommend trying to work with your trading
partner in resolving any problems. Many of these misunderstandings can
be cleared up with a phone call or through Online Dispute Resolution. We
recommend you contact your transaction partner and try to resolve the
situation amicably

So, i should let her leave me negative feedback? Clearly i am not obligated to refunding her am i?

my understanding is that if pp ruled in your favor you are not obliged to give her a refund. if you do you might be running the risk of the buyer not sending you the item you mailed(sending a fake bag or anything else) to her or keeping the item and the money...
her email looks like an attempt to extortion:give me what i want or else...
good luck!

^^I take it you included the e-mail she sent you and explained the fact that you had a Paypal dispute settled in your favour, yet she is still trying to wrangle a refund and is clearly trying to blackmail you with the threat of negative feedback? The response you received above is another classic Ebay, waste of space, bog standard response i.e we haven't actually read what you've written to us, we'll just send out whatever we have to hand.

Give them a call, explain the situation fully - this is not just a case where there has been a problem - there has been a problem, a dispute closed in your favour and the buyer is now threatening you after the fact. I cannot express how much i despise Ebay, their useless policies and their pathetic customer service...

Actually, the item got lost in the mail, luckily i had all my receipts and proof of sending the item with me, and i proved my case, so i won.

Now since she lost, she wants a refund or i will be negative feedback.

the tracking number just stopped in the middle of no where.
I called the post office, and they said: consider it lost!

i had thought of the possibility that the buyer may have it

OP did you purchase insurance for the lost parcel? I guess that's why I always insure my packages because then I can always get my money back and then the buyer would also be able to get reimbursed.

beckman: fortunately i did. Before the black mailing started, i did tell the buyer that i will have the post office investigate it, this is what i said to her before the black mail email

Please understand that this is not only your loss, but i have also lost a ring, and half the costs of selling it. I tend to wait for the reply of the post office since it is in investigation.

now, since she is doing such a threat, i tend to not refund her at all!

The buyer SHOULD be refunded if it was lost in the mail and you need to file a claim with the post office. You took out insurance, right? So you need to be reimbursed for you lost package.