Buyer bids, others pay?? So confused!

mx2000

Feb 5, 2009
Hello everyone,

I am so confused! A zero fb buyer won my auction and just told me that she bid for her sister, who has a paypal account and will pay for the item! In this case, should I ship the item to her sister's address if her sister pays for it? and if something happens to the package, am I protected by ebay and paypal?

The zero fb buyer is bidding another item now, I don't know if she is bidding for herself or her sister. What should I do?

Many thanks!

DO not ship to either of these people. They are scammers, most likely. You will NOT be protected by ebay if someone bids and they ask to send it to another address (unconfirmed).. You can go into your seller's preferences and block international bidders and also require that they have a PP account before bidding and if they do BIN, immediate payment required.Cancel and block them both.
Hello everyone,

I am so confused! A zero fb buyer won my auction and just told me that she bid for her sister, who has a paypal account and will pay for the item! In this case, should I ship the item to her sister's address if her sister pays for it? and if something happens to the package, am I protected by ebay and paypal?

The zero fb buyer is bidding another item now, I don't know if she is bidding for herself or her sister. What should I do?

Many thanks!

DO not ship to either of these people. They are scammers, most likely. You will NOT be protected by ebay if someone bids and they ask to send it to another address (unconfirmed).. You can go into your seller's preferences and block international bidders and also require that they have a PP account before bidding and if they do BIN, immediate payment required.Cancel and block them both.

Thanks for your response!
How about the auction that has already ended? Shall I cancel it?
And the buyer is still bidding on my item, shall I cancel her bid? How can I do it?

So long as you ship to the address on the Paypal account that pays you are covered under seller protection. Ask her to link her sister's Paypal account to her ebay account for peace of mind.Check that they are in the same geographical area -- if her sister happens to live in Indonesia etc. it's most likely a scam. If the two accounts have the same last name, it's probably not.
Yes, she can file a NPS against you. If she really is a scammer you can file a trust and safety report against her and avoid the NPS strike. She can also leave you neg. feedback if she likes.

So long as you ship to the address on the Paypal account that pays you are covered under seller protection. Ask her to link her sister's Paypal account to her ebay account for peace of mind.Check that they are in the same geographical area -- if her sister happens to live in Indonesia etc. it's most likely a scam. If the two accounts have the same last name, it's probably not.
Yes, she can file a NPS against you. If she really is a scammer you can file a trust and safety report against her and avoid the NPS strike. She can also leave you neg. feedback if she likes.

ITA :tup:

The girl who bid should pay for it via her paypal account and have it shipped to the address listed with eBay. How she wants to collect the money and send to her sister up to her. It should have nothing to do with you. It may be a scam or may be ignorance.

tell her to let her sister pay her and they work that out on your own. in regards to your auction, tell her winning bidder must pay or transaction will be cancelled and reported to ebay.

When they had the Microsoft cashback I opened a new eBay account and then paid with my regular Paypal.

As long as the Paypal says "ok to ship" you are fine.

Think about it, if the person never told you the sister was paying you likely wouldn't have been able to tell that her sister's Paypal account wasn't attached to the eBay account that won.