Buyer Beware (online Empreinte order issues)

Congrats!

I just initiated an exchange for a made in Spain as the stitching was out on the leather tabs holding the clasp/D ring and there was also a long vertical crease on 1 side of the bag. Hopefully the new one will be better. Just a bit disappointing :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:
IMG_4821.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: DAMER
Is this more grey or beige?
Congrats!

I just initiated an exchange for a made in Spain as the stitching was out on the leather tabs holding the clasp/D ring and there was also a long vertical crease on 1 side of the bag. Hopefully the new one will be better. Just a bit disappointing :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:
View attachment 5069986
So frustrating. If I didn't really love the bag, I would have given up on it entirely. QC issues like these are are not exclusive to LV, but it seems to be a real problem with these Empreinte Neverfulls :annoyed: Glad you were able to get a replacement.

I also had to exchange my first online empreinte NF in turtledove. I was so excited and it looked perfectly pristine, except for one small area of stitching at the top of the bag. Upon further investigation, I found that the leather trim had not been sewn properly in this one area and there was an actual gap where the stitches didn’t connect.

I received my replacement bag and it looks pretty good so far, but it was missing the little “made in” card. My first one had the card that said made in USA. I don’t really care where it was made, but I feel that forgetting to include that detail with a $2000+ purchase is a bit careless of them. I called about the card and they said I would have to send the whole thing back because they can’t just issue me a card. So frustrated. Should I bother? I don’t plan on ever reselling it, but still....

It’s such a beautiful bag and I love it, but I can’t help feeling the disappointing in my gut.

Attachments

• 8EAC633B-A210-4F65-84E2-4195B7C26265.jpeg
    8EAC633B-A210-4F65-84E2-4195B7C26265.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 97
  • CF988523-943E-48AA-AD29-04B1FC5E6A8D.jpeg
    CF988523-943E-48AA-AD29-04B1FC5E6A8D.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 92
I also had to exchange my first online empreinte NF in turtledove. I was so excited and it looked perfectly pristine, except for one small area of stitching at the top of the bag. Upon further investigation, I found that the leather trim had not been sewn properly in this one area and there was an actual gap where the stitches didn’t connect.

I received my replacement bag and it looks pretty good so far, but it was missing the little “made in” card. My first one had the card that said made in USA. I don’t really care where it was made, but I feel that forgetting to include that detail with a $2000+ purchase is a bit careless of them. I called about the card and they said I would have to send the whole thing back because they can’t just issue me a card. So frustrated. Should I bother? I don’t plan on ever reselling it, but still....

It’s such a beautiful bag and I love it, but I can’t help feeling the disappointing in my gut.

Honestly I would say its not worth it. The bag is what matters in my opinion and you got a good bag why risk sending it back for a card you do not need. However if it means that much to you then go ahead as its your purchase so really only your opinion matters.

I have never seen such an obvious defect in attaching the leather piping to the edge of the bag- unbelievable. QC must have had blindfolds on that day. It is probably an easy fix for LV but jeez- you hate to see that kind of oversight and delivery of such an expensive bag in that condition to a customer!

Wow, this is a real quality issue for sure. :shocked:

Honestly I would say its not worth it. The bag is what matters in my opinion and you got a good bag why risk sending it back for a card you do not need. However if it means that much to you then go ahead as its your purchase so really only your opinion matters.

I do love the bag. The card isn’t a huge deal; I’m just annoyed at the carelessness. Someone shipped an expensive product without fully inspecting it - twice.

I do love the bag. The card isn’t a huge deal; I’m just annoyed at the carelessness. Someone shipped an expensive product without fully inspecting it - twice.

I understand your frustration, especially after seeing the first bag you got. I also think it’s silly LV can’t send you the card. I mean they know you bought the bag from them, having you have to send the bag back again due to their error is ridiculous in my opinion.Maybe try talking to some else about it?

Reactions: Leather_Lipstick
Got mine today also in turtle dove, no card included also and noticed slight defects as I read more comments here. To he honest, I am not that impressed with LV anymore. This is my first luxury bag and really saved up for this but the quality and carelessness is bad.

Hi all - this has been my everyday office bag since I got it last April. Just noticed now that the bottom corners have creased, probably due to use. Anyone else experiencing this? Quite bothered as it’s not as smooth and firm as it used to be :sad: