Buyer Beware (online Empreinte order issues)

FunBagz

Apr 15, 2015
Just want to share my online order issues with the Empreinte Neverfull MM. I ordered the turtle dove Empreinte Neverfull MM and when I received it, it had deep matching creases in the leather on both sides of the bag. Could have been a defect, could have been a return that had been used. Regardless, I was not happy with the flaw so when it popped up again on the website, so I ordered another and returned the first one. Fortunately, the new one in perfection with no creases, deep imprint and aligned pattern. I also ordered the black Empreinte Neverfull MM and when I received it, there was a deep indent in the imprint. Very obvious and clearly a defect made when the leather was imprinted. I called customer service and explained the issues and they were very apologetic and accommodating. They ordered a new one with overnight delivery, to be delivered in 21 days or less. Hopefully no issues with this one. Just wanted to share as a reminder to check your bags.

Turtle Dove creases:
0B186562-A2B1-4716-BF9F-4196122A6066.jpegAA4CD252-FCAB-4C2F-A680-DBFDA92823DB.jpeg
Black indented imprint:
4F5E1ADB-2D01-4199-853F-F5C41243052D.jpegCCACF608-94C1-4857-86E6-AC042544AC5A.jpeg

Just want to share my online order issues with the Empreinte Neverfull MM. I ordered the turtle dove Empreinte Neverfull MM and when I received it, it had deep matching creases in the leather on both sides of the bag. Could have been a defect, could have been a return that had been used. Regardless, I was not happy with the flaw so when it popped up again on the website, so I ordered another and returned the first one. Fortunately, the new one in perfection with no creases, deep imprint and aligned pattern. I also ordered the black Empreinte Neverfull MM and when I received it, there was a deep indent in the imprint. Very obvious and clearly a defect made when the leather was imprinted. I called customer service and explained the issues and they were very apologetic and accommodating. They ordered a new one with overnight delivery, to be delivered in 21 days or less. Hopefully no issues with this one. Just wanted to share as a reminder to check your bags.

Turtle Dove creases:
View attachment 5063118View attachment 5063119
Black indented imprint:
View attachment 5063121View attachment 5063122
Thanks for sharing! I had a similar experience where I received my black NF emperiente order after weeks of online stalking and snagging one at 4.59 am last week. When it arrived, the box was not sealed, one could easily lift the flap and see it was LV! however it did come nicely wrapped with ribbons and all. Upon unboxing, I was deflated. It didn’t have that “new bag” smell, the piping was uneven/rough, it had 3-4 clustered blue dotted (nail polish or paint?) stains on the front part next to the top stitching, the pochette was half open and it had specks of what looked like wood chips and strands of hair inside! I didn’t know what to make of all this and felt all my efforts to obtain one were wasted - my excitement turned to intense annoyance! Long story short, took it back to the store the next day (lucky to have one 20 minutes away), explained the situation ( they couldn’t believe a bag with obvious stains got through QC) and returned it. They didn’t have any in store and didn’t know when they would get one in but I was ok with not knowing if/when. It came back in stock online that same evening I got back from the store, but I was too traumatized to pull the trigger on another online purchase and potentially go through the scenario you described the second time. I do still love the bag though, and know I can buy and ship to store as well, but I think I lost my mojo and will wait till I can inspect in person prior to buying.

Last edited:

Turtle Dove creases:
View attachment 5063118View attachment 5063119
Black indented imprint:
View attachment 5063121View attachment 5063122
Thank you for the info. By any chance did you notice if the bags were made in US or France?

Thank you for the info. By any chance did you notice if the bags were made in US or France?
Has anyone who got the NF empriente that is made in france?

The 3 I've received so far are Made in US. The OnTheGo MM in turtle dove Empreinte that I received in January is also Made in US and had zero issues at all.

Black is available Online add to cart. I received one from the store made in . It’s perfect but I wish it was made in France. I think I might try my luck with one online

Update to my apparently never-ending NF saga. Went to take my “perfect” turtle dove Empreinte NF out for the first time today and saw this on the floor before I walked out of the house. So much for perfect. Took it immediately to my local LV boutique. They had one in stock to exchange with, but the leather was VERY creased to the point the entire side of the bag was dented in. The SA tried telling me it was normal, but given the perfect, crease-less condition of my bag, she could tell I was not having it. I asked if they had the tool there to properly set the grommet, which they were happy to do. Not holding out much hope that my replacement black NF will be without issues. Very frustrating.

5555292F-8D35-43B3-991F-4AE34F9E2623.jpeg