buyer asks to pay next week.............

bag-princess

Spoiled Princess
O.G.
Jun 17, 2007
i only buy on ebay so i am no help at all to a friend of mine that just started selling some bags. she has a buyer - potential buyer i should say - that had contacted her and asked if she could bid on her bag and IF she did in fact win it would it be ok if paid for it next friday. she said she wanted to contact her beforehand to see how she felt about this so that there would not be any problems for either of them. we looked at her feedback and it is very good. i don't know if she needs to check anything else before making a decision on this.

I respect that she contacted you first to make sure you are comfortable with it instead of doing whatever she felt like. Its up to your friend if she is ok waiting that long to get paid.
Just as long as I am in the protected Ebay period and I have every message recorded on Ebay messaging.... I would not have a problem with it.

This happened to me before...buyer asked to pay 6 days after bid for reason, I forgot. I agreed and she did. What's good is this buyer asked you before. If you feel comfortable waiting, okay. Communication is good =)

Agree to all of above comments. Communication is good. That she was honest and courteous enough to let you know beforehand.
It is a risk, at the same time customer service, that you provide your buyers.

I did that before as a buyer. I had CC problems so I needed to wait till payday and wanted an item on ebay that I won a week earlier than payday. The seller was ok with it and she wasn't shipping the item anyway until clearance of my payment.

Check the non-paying bidder settings to make sure it doesn't send her a non-paying bidder reminder and close the dispute automatically.

I hear it is not working right yet though. Check on the ebay clothing board.

i am not the seller - a friend of mine is. and like i said since i only buy on ebay i did not know what to tell her and wanted to ask those of you that do how you would handle it. thanks for the advice.....i am sending the replies to her so she can decide.

I would definitely give the buyer the benefit of the doubt and allow her to pay 6 days later. The fact that she contacted you prior to get your approval before moving forward with her winning bid shows that she is serious about the transaction, IMHO.

I have rarely had any problems with this sort of thing. It's really nice when someone asks prior to bidding and even though I request payments in a specific matter of time, I always say yes to those who need a little more for what ever reason.

The only thing that would worry me is Ebay only gives you 7 days to ship. But that may be after payment is received, not 7 days from the auction ending. In a perfect world (no scammers!) this will probably be OK.

she just emailed me - thrilled! :yahoo: - the person told her that was fine and that they appreciated her contacting them BEFORE bidding! even thanked her very much for the advance notice. she said to thank you all for your wonderful advice because she would not have dared sent the email to request this.

I always say yes to those who need a little more for what ever reason.

how nice of you and others that do this. i told her i didn't even think it was allowed!! so i told her i would check with you guys here first and i am glad that it will work out for her.