Buyer asking to change return policy - sound ok?

parrotface

Jan 27, 2010
I'm selling a pair of YSL shoes, no returns accepted. I received this message from a buyer with a lot of positive feedback, though none of it very recent. Does it sound shady, or just someone who wants to be sure she's buying shoes in good condition?

Hi I have a offer for you,I will buy now in exchange for you showing me these heels on these shoes are strong and intact! Reason is I bought a pair of these used , she told me she had worn them once also and they looked brand new so I bought. Well the frist day I wore them I was out shopping with the girls and the right heel just snapped into !Talk about making a girl sick! I bought with no return as yours and contacted YSL and since I was the second owner of a used pair they would not honor and my cobbler tryed everything and the heel could not be repaired. Hope you understand my caution,and I will kick in an extra $100 for your trouble so would you be interested in my offer

If she's so worried, she shouldn't be buying from ebay. Let her go to a store with a return policy.

I'd be worried about a switcheroo too.

BLOCK! This person does this to a lot of TPFers! I think someone posted about it in the Louboutin forum and I believe this same has been posted in the ebay forum too.

Has the buyer asked you to send video or pics of you wearing the shoes?

Please post the ID as I'm sure it's the same person that ppl have had issue with before as the wording of the message you received it exactly the same.

BLOCK! This person does this to a lot of TPFers! I think someone posted about it in the Louboutin forum and I believe this same has been posted in the ebay forum too.

Please post the ID as I'm sure it's the same person that ppl have had issue with before as the wording of the message you received it exactly the same.

PS: it's a MAN.

It's cam19692002

I'm selling a pair of YSL shoes, no returns accepted. I received this message from a buyer with a lot of positive feedback, though none of it very recent. Does it sound shady, or just someone who wants to be sure she's buying shoes in good condition?

Hi I have a offer for you,I will buy now in exchange for you showing me these heels on these shoes are strong and intact! Reason is I bought a pair of these used , she told me she had worn them once also and they looked brand new so I bought. Well the frist day I wore them I was out shopping with the girls and the right heel just snapped into !Talk about making a girl sick! I bought with no return as yours and contacted YSL and since I was the second owner of a used pair they would not honor and my cobbler tryed everything and the heel could not be repaired. Hope you understand my caution,and I will kick in an extra $100 for your trouble so would you be interested in my offer

How are you expected to show that these heels are strong and intact? Show a pic of you wearing them while lifting weights? :P

I am always leery of a buyer or seller who rambles on and doubly leery of this one because of what they are rambling about.

Adding that they never asked for pics/videos, just this strange message about wanting to be able to return if the heel is bad.

OK I get it now...I thought he/she meant they wanted to have the option of returning. It didn't occur to me until all of your comments that I'm supposed to prove it in advance!! Now I'm super weirded out. I can't thank everyone enough for their advice!