Buyer asking me if my bag is fake after she wins auction!!!

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
I am so annoyed right now. I have not been selling much with all these stories but I had a cute little Chloe bag which I had never used so I decided to sell it as it was such a shame to keep it and not use it. The auction ended on Saturday and I checked the winning bidders feedback and she turned out to be one of these who gives negs willy nilly but I thought there was not much I could do now. She sent me this today:

hi can u confirm it's not fake..do u have receipt and how much u bought it for pls? sorry to bother u because i bought lots of bag from ebay most of it is fake
thank u

I just sent a reply saying I bought the bag in Harvey Nichols ( true ) and that questions should be asked before bidding ( also true ) and that if she wishes to withdraw from sale I will do necessary to gat my fees back ( trying to save myself the hassle later )
Do you think I did the right thing? She has accused a few people of selling fakes and I really dont want to go there. What shall I do ? I dont want to sell to her.
:tdown::tdown:

I wouldn't let her off the hook like that. Tell her to pay up and feel free to take the bag and have it authenticated when it arrives. I hate buyers like her. If she leaves negs like she does, what makes you think she won't leave you one if you back out of the sale?

I wouldn't let her off the hook like that. Tell her to pay up and feel free to take the bag and have it authenticated when it arrives. I hate buyers like her. If she leaves negs like she does, what makes you think she won't leave you one if you back out of the sale?
I just dont want to deal with her now. I think she is asking legitimate questions but she waits til after the auction ended. I had 28 bids on my bag so lots of people wanted it. I dont really need someone so difficult.

Wouldn't ya just like to say?"It might be, but you have to prove it!" lol That would give her butt some worry wouldn't it? lol I really hope that she agrees to calling the whole thing off for you. She sounds like a hassle in the making. Good luck!

she's so annoying she should have asked all those questions before bidding if i were you i would tell her politely that i wont sell to her
That is exactly what I want to do. She is probably going to ruin my 100% positive feedback now. She has done it to lots of others! But I havent sold for months, I was just testing the water with this and she would have got a brand new limited edition Chloe bag for under $100!!

So sorry you got this bad apple. I would just send a 2nd chance offer to the other highest buyer and tell the problem person you are canceling her bid. They should ask questions of authenticity (and everything else) before bidding instead of after !!! I guess th worst you could get is a neg from her but it might be worth the hassle if she is some kind of scammer and would end up returning it, etc -- possible long drawn out saga vs. quick solution.
Oh be sure and block her from any future auctions or she could be up for revenge and mess around with you.

So sorry you got this bad apple. I would just send a 2nd chance offer to the other highest buyer and tell the problem person you are canceling her bid. They should ask questions of authenticity (and everything else) before bidding instead of after !!! I guess th worst you could get is a neg from her but it might be worth the hassle if she is some kind of scammer and would end up returning it, etc -- possible long drawn out saga vs. quick solution.
Oh be sure and block her from any future auctions or she could be up for revenge and mess around with you.
Is it possible to cancel the bid after the end of the auction?
I did just send her this :

Sorry but I am very upset that you did not ask questions before bidding. This is not how ebay should rreally work. I do not wish to proceed with the sale. I hope you understand but it is too stressful. Thank you

I think you are doing the right thing not selling to her. If it smells bad already, it will probably just get worse.
I am assuming she has not yet paid, which is cheeky anyway after three days, so maybe she is just having buyers remorse. Could you do a second chance offer?

Bottom line is that it is YOUR bag and YOU get to choose who you sell to. We all know Ebay is far from perfect and they cannot force you to sell to her, just like they cannot force her to pay!
I would risk the feedback and just leave a response explaining yourself.
This is a tough one because if she is a nasty piece of work then there is not much you can do. You could sell to her, do everything right and still get a negative from her.

Cut your losses!

I think you are doing the right thing not selling to her. If it smells bad already, it will probably just get worse.
I am assuming she has not yet paid, which is cheeky anyway after three days, so maybe she is just having buyers remorse. Could you do a second chance offer?

Bottom line is that it is YOUR bag and YOU get to choose who you sell to. We all know Ebay is far from perfect and they cannot force you to sell to her, just like they cannot force her to pay!
I would risk the feedback and just leave a response explaining yourself.
This is a tough one because if she is a nasty piece of work then there is not much you can do. You could sell to her, do everything right and still get a negative from her.

Cut your losses!
Yes I agree. I have let her know that I will not sell to her. I have 100% pos but I am sure she will change that. She has negged people who have refunded her and for not using her chosen postal option. I have contacted the second bidder already. But if I sell to her will I pay fees twice?

heyhey, can you pm me the buyer's id?

yes, don't sell... hate people don't think twice when they bid and just waste time and money for all of us. On my listing, I did say, this is a big item, think twice before you bid, and still, they won't...

can't believe i can give you advice! you have to be more careful than me, see my story with the Trevi GM?