"Buyer asked to cancel the order"-Funny

Because this is a low value item and because you were readily refunded I’m not sure how a neg could be worded without sounding petty. I’d just let it go but that is just me.

I wouldn't give a negative but a neutral just to let others know what happened but that's just me. I save negatives for people trying to con my money or extremely rude. I've only given 2
on eBay and they were well deserved.

I wouldn't give a negative but a neutral just to let others know what happened but that's just me. I save negatives for people trying to con my money or extremely rude. I've only given 2
on eBay and they were well deserved.

I see your point. I never gave a neg. I tend to worry if that would 'hurt' a seller that depends on sales to feed his/her family. Not every ebay seller is there to sell a few of their many Chanel bags. :smile:The only time I was really upset and ready to give a big neg, the listing was removed by ebay. After thinking about this and reading the comments from other TPF members, I think this buyer deserves a phone call to ebay to inform that cancelation was not done at the request of the buyer. I agree a neutral feedback informing other potential buyers is appropriated.

I see your point. I never gave a neg. I tend to worry if that would 'hurt' a seller that depends on sales to feed his/her family. Not every ebay seller is there to sell a few of their many Chanel bags. :smile:The only time I was really upset and ready to give a big neg, the listing was removed by ebay. After thinking about this and reading the comments from other TPF members, I think this buyer deserves a phone call to ebay to inform that cancelation was not done at the request of the buyer. I agree a neutral feedback informing other potential buyers is appropriated.

That's the thing. This transaction was not a big upset for you. It was an amusing story. And it wouldn't have been a big upset for me either. I wouldn't bother with a phone call to eBay. I wouldn't even bother with a neutral.

Reactions: Chanbal
That's the thing. This transaction was not a big upset for you. It was an amusing story. And it wouldn't have been a big upset for me either. I wouldn't bother with a phone call to eBay. I wouldn't even bother with a neutral.

In honesty I probably wouldn't either but since she made a thread I figured she was concerned. To me it's not that serious. There are too many scammers on eBay for me to worry about something so trivial. It is a personal situation tho. Follow your heart.

I don't disagree with anyone who comments on the low dollar value of the item and in the big scheme of things, this isn't a huge loss. So yeah, while this isn't a bigtime scammer, it is a seller who wasn't honest with the buyer and actually lied several times.

In the beginning, had the seller contacted the buyer to say, "whoops, I can't find the item," or "somehow, an ebay allowed it to be relisted after having been sold," or something similar, my suggestion would have been very different.

But as posted in #7, not only was the seller negligent in contacting the buyer but she lied several times to both the buyer and to ebay. And that was wrong, IMO. One mistake, chalk it up to inexperience. Two mistakes, a bit worse. But several poor choices made by the seller forcing the buyer to find similar items and not even what she really wanted is inexcusable.

Reactions: BBC
In honesty I probably wouldn't either but since she made a thread I figured she was concerned. To me it's not that serious. There are too many scammers on eBay for me to worry about something so trivial. It is a personal situation tho. Follow your heart.
Not concerned, the seller's audacity was rather amusing :shocked: IMO.

Last edited:
In the beginning, had the seller contacted the buyer to say, "whoops, I can't find the item," or "somehow, an ebay allowed it to be relisted after having been sold," or something similar, my suggestion would have been very different.

I agree, this it what the seller should have done instead of asking the buyer to cancel...

Thanks everyone for your input! Have a wonderful Sunday!:flowers:

I think the seller deserves a neg here!

I would be careful about leaving negatives. Ebay actually monitors these for buyers. If you leave too many, they take action on buyers. A lot more sellers deserve negatives then what I give out. But small things like this, I usually ignore.

Ironic story, I bought some jeans in auction for $200 ish, the seller cancelled the listing and relisted it with $300 starting auction and $450 buy it now (obviously the seller didn't want to sell it at $200). I really wanted it so I left him negative.

Got a call the next day from ebay asking if I was willingly to change my feedback (werid reason to call a buyer). I said no, I bought an item, seller didn't like the selling price, cancelled the item for "i ran out of stock" but relisted it as a higher price listing. Ebay rep told me I want to help you out here, and offered me a $240 some dollar coupon to cover the difference so I can buy it at the $450 buy it now price, of course I accepted.

I didn't buy the jeans though (didn't think the seller should be the one benefiting with a $450 sale on a $200 item). Ended up using the coupon on various other items. Ebay called back and said I saw you bought other things, glad we could help (hehe).

I did notice the negative feedback I left the buyer was removed from his account. What I think happened was they removed the feedback in error, and was doing damage control. Also I did tweet to them on my twitter account once and I have quite a bit of followers so maybe they felt threatened if I noticed my feedback removed? who knows.

not complaining though.

Reactions: Chanbal and whateve
Reactions: chicinthecity777
Reactions: whateve