Buyer "accidently" used BIN

Melly

O.G.
Dec 3, 2006
I am posting this for another member who can't access tPF at work.

A bag was listed on eBay with a BIN or Best Offer option. The seller clearly stated in the auction that she would not ship internationally. Well an international bidder BINed her auction and then sent her an email saying "Oops, didn't mean to press BIN, please cancel." :rolleyes: :cursing:

Is there anyway to get her fees back?

Yeah, I would recommend starting a NPB (Non-Paying Bidder) dispute.

If you go into your eBay, you have to report the item as unpaid (you have to wait 8 days, I believe), then the buyer has a chance to respond. At that point I believe you can mutually agree to cancel, which would result in a refund of fees to the seller. If the buyer wants to be a jerk, they can respond and the seller won't get the fees back.

I've never had to do this myself, I'm pretty sure that's how it works. I know there are others around here who have had the experience and they'll give you more insight.

You should report this one to ebay. People don't "accidentally" hit BIN. (See Best excuses on Ebay" thread)

ITA! eBay has 2 steps before you win item with BIN. First, you click BIN. 2nd, you need to reclick again to confirm it. Although English isn't my first language, I never "accidentally" click BIN even when I was a newbie. Bidder should honour their bid, otherwise, report to eBay, file NPB and give NPB strike.

Yeah, I would recommend starting a NPB (Non-Paying Bidder) dispute.

If you go into your eBay, you have to report the item as unpaid (you have to wait 8 days, I believe), then the buyer has a chance to respond. At that point I believe you can mutually agree to cancel, which would result in a refund of fees to the seller. If the buyer wants to be a jerk, they can respond and the seller won't get the fees back.

I've never had to do this myself, I'm pretty sure that's how it works. I know there are others around here who have had the experience and they'll give you more insight.
Yes I just did a mutual withdrawal althought he bitter buyer 'accidentally' clicked ont he wrong button! But thats another story. I am quite sure you can initiate this at any time after the auction if you both agree, no waiting period.
I still dont see how you can accidentally BIN as you have to click once, then click again to confirm...and that comes from someone who has a lot of experience,,:yes:.

So by "accidentally" hitting BIN, does she mean that it was because she did not realize the seller would not ship internationally until after she did so?

No. The deadbeat buyer knew the seller didn't allow international bidders before he/she clicked the BIN button because he/she sent an email asking if the seller would ship to Korea. Then, instead of waiting for a response, the idiot used the BIN option... "accidently". :mad:

You should report this one to ebay. People don't "accidentally" hit BIN. (See Best excuses on Ebay" thread)

ITA! There are so many steps to using the BIN for a REASON. I probably wouldn't give in if it were me.

ITA! eBay has 2 steps before you win item with BIN. First, you click BIN. 2nd, you need to reclick again to confirm it. Although English isn't my first language, I never "accidentally" click BIN even when I was a newbie. Bidder should honour their bid, otherwise, report to eBay, file NPB and give NPB strike.

ITA! I don't buy the "accident" story at all. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all your help everyone!! :flowers: :heart:

No. The deadbeat buyer knew the seller didn't allow international bidders before he/she clicked the BIN button because he/she sent an email asking if the seller would ship to Korea. Then, instead of waiting for a response, the idiot used the BIN option... "accidently". :mad:
Hmmmm...maybe you should accidentally file a NPB claim...