Buyer accepted counter offer of seller declined? Is this FOUL

bagtasia

ONEATATIME
O.G.
Dec 20, 2007
:confused1:I received a seller's counter offer which "I ACCEPTED to buy". However the seller responded (QUOTED)
Seller message: Hi thanks so much for the interest. I have gotten 5 offers for $8500 so at this point my client will not take less than the BIN price. Thanks so much.Feel free to call me with any questions 215-956-9190 hugs, linda*s***stuff

Is this practice acceptable.?? Are seller's allowed to cancel best offer after buyer agrees to buy it at the seller's accepted best offer?

Knowing I was the first one who was given a counter offer to buy at $8500, should't I get priority?

If she sent you a counter and you accepted, the deal is done. She can't back out of the deal. Did she cancel her counter after you accepted? I can't see how she did that. If you have an invoice with Pay Now, Pay her, if she refuses to sell to you, report her as a NPS and leave appropriate feedback.
Cheers

Yes, it's completely foul & wrong.

However, for an $8,500 transaction, I wouldn't just pay in hopes that the seller will follow through with the transaction. I would just walk away from it. I think you can also turn her into eBay for renigging on a transaction, as it is a binding contract.

Then you could always leave her a negative if you felt she was being dishonest about it, but I'm not sure I would go that route, but you always have that as an option.

I have heard a lot about this seller—although her items seem to be good and she's somewhat honest, she seems to be a bit disorganized. Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise for you, especially for that kind of money.

Is this the bag?
http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTH-HERMES-Blu...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't know how she was able to decline a counteroffer. I cant remember what comes up on the screen when a counteroffer is accepted.

I fyou do a live.com search on blue handbag, sort by highest price, you will see your bag on the first page. This listing qualifies you for $200.00 back, so you can have the bag for 8799.00, not quite 8500 but if you really want it and she will not sell it for less than 8999...
Good luck
Let us know how it works out.
CHeers

Several people on this forum have had problems with linda*s***stuff, myself included. She's a bit too generous in her descriptions, describing bags as mint and pristine when they have pen marks, etc... If you accepted her counter offer, the auction should have ended and you would be the high bidder. Since it's still going, it looks like she retracted her counteroffer?? Something happened, because the auction automatically ends when the buyer accepts a counteroffer from the seller (or the seller accepts a buyer's offer).

Several people on this forum have had problems with linda*s***stuff, myself included. She's a bit too generous in her descriptions, describing bags as mint and pristine when they have pen marks, etc... If you accepted her counter offer, the auction should have ended and you would be the high bidder. Since it's still going, it looks like she retracted her counteroffer?? Something happened, because the auction automatically ends when the buyer accepts a counteroffer from the seller (or the seller accepts a buyer's offer).

I agree about her descriptions, I purchased a bag from her that was described at Mint and the bag was so worn the handles had tears!!! She accepted a return and issued a refund with no fuss at all. ANother time they shipped a bag without insurance but they had charged me for insurance, once I called them, they issued a refund immediately for the insurance charge.

This seller is a business, many employees there. I've spoken with at least 3 different people on the phone, 2 of which were men.
CHeers

If the auction isn't going, it seems that you have misunderstood the process--she doesn't have to accept your offers and can decline counteroffers before you accept them. One of the two happened here. The solution seems to be either bid higher or find another bag.

On ebay we get 3 chances for Best Offer right? The 1st time she declined my best offer and was given a counteroffer of $8500, there are 2 buttons for a buyer to press either accept or give best offer so I used my chance for the 2nd Best offer, was declined and used my last and 3rd best offer accepting seller's counter offer from the first time. Is it just right that the first buyer who accepted the seller's best offer be given priority and not because there was a hint that the item is gonna sell higher than the Seller's Best Offer?
NOW, did I do something wrong on the process?

On ebay we get 3 chances for Best Offer right? The 1st time she declined my best offer and was given a counteroffer of $8500, there are 2 buttons for a buyer to press either accept or give best offer so I used my chance for the 2nd Best offer, was declined and used my last and 3rd best offer accepting seller's counter offer from the first time. Is it just right that the first buyer who accepted the seller's best offer be given priority and not because there was a hint that the item is gonna sell higher than the Seller's Best Offer?

No, once you submitted your second offer-you automatically declined their first counteroffer and she is no longer obligated to accept any counter offer you give her at $8500 or above.

All offers are mutually exclusive. Once you decline (or in this case counter) an offer (the original) it is null and void. Seems you and many others must have made high enough offers where they think they are going to get full price.

The seller in this case was not out of line.