Buy this Fossil or get a custom bag made by Valhalla Brooklyn?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am kind of digging a particular fossil bag. BUT...I am also still bouncing around the idea of having the Etsy Seller ValhallaBrooklyn custom make me something pretty specific.

The leather on this Fossil is DI-VINE, and it's the right size, with a great shoulder strap PLUS a nice crossbody strap attached. It runs right around $200. If the link doesn't work it's the Cory N/S Tote
    http://s7ondemand7.scene7.com/is/image/FossilPartners/SHB9754200_main?$fossil_pdpdetail$

On the other hand... I haven't discussed the custom with the seller at length yet, as it's pretty in-depth, but Id figure a cost at least $400 for a completely custom bag.

Thoughts?

I am open to suggestions...I want a nice brown leather, has to be north south like that, really fairly large (15" tall probably, not including strap, but not ridiculously tall compared to width) and have a nice shoulder strap/s and I would love the addition of cross body.

2. You should consider checking out the bags from another etsy seller called TheLeatherStore.

Her bags remind me of the Fossil you posted. I believe there is even a thread in this subforum about someone buying a bag from her.

3. i'd go with the fossil bag, especially since you can see it in real life. i bought a bag from valhallabrooklyn on etsy...not a custom bag, but i was disappointed with it in real life. it was a very nice bag, well made, soft leather, and the seller was very nice, but it just wasn't what i was expecting for the high price. i still love to browse through pictures of her bags as they look lovely, but i've found that i much prefer to see bags in person before i spend a lot of money.

4. That was my thread actually. I already bought one from her and honestly, I don't plan to again. Within 24 hours of receiving it, the bag started falling apart. I had to pay to get it fixed locally, and she didn't reimburse me anything for having to do so. She sent me a few studs that match the others, but that was it. After carrying it for only a few months, the straps are already frayed.

5. Oh dear, that is too bad about the bag! :sad: Sorry, I didn't realize that was your thread.

Well, then I totally agree that you should go with the Fossil bag if you know you love it. Better than risking another expensive bag you can't see in person!

6. Yea I am disappointed. I love the bag, it's amazing leather, but the fact that it's not holding up makes me sad. At least it wasn't really expensive, even though $100 something isn't really something to just throw away.

I am waiting til Friday to go back to the Fossil store and try it on, because it's right next door to the Nordies entrance and I am going to check out the anniv. sale bags in store before I settle. I doubt that there will be a similar bag at Nordies but we'll see.

7. I added another option, Diesel bag. I really dig this enough that I might get it.

shoes.com/ProductImages/SHOES_IAEC1174781.JPG

8. I love the Fossil bag I would get it

9. I found better pics of the brown diesel bag. It's not as light.

10. I may or may not have just gotten that Diesel bag for a lower price...lol.

11. I love fossil leather. is the leather from diesel as wonderful?

12. The only Diesel bag I have ever seen had REALLY nice leather, it was white and looked amazing and for a sample was still amazingly clean. When I get this tomorrow (they say tomorrow) I will check it out closer and take better pics. I am going to the mall with the Fossil store Friday morning so I can maybe check them out or go side-by-side with them. The other Fossil with that same leather is TO DIE FOR and I almost bought it. But my husband is on me about my $500 purse budget this year. I only spent $130 of it on that Etsy bag so both the Fossil and the Diesel are still within it, if I only get one. And if I spot a diff. bag at Nordies sale on Friday that I love then Ill be in a pickle bec I can only get one more this year and this is it til next year.

13. I think if I were you, I'd go for the Fossil bag. It's truly a great looking bag and I don't see how you can go wrong with it, especially since it has all the qualities you like.

14. I am going to compare the Diesel and the Fossil side by side on Friday I think.

15. I'm sorry to hear that too as I've browse her site and found the bags actually look nice and functional and the leathers used seemed to be of reasonable good quality. I guess it take more than artistic talent to not just design a bag, it takes some skills to stitch a bag together and make it durable and sturdy? That's why the skills of Italian artisans are so highly sought after??