Buy preloved now or wait and pay more??

I think you should keep an eye on the pre-owned market while you save for the new. I have come across practically new bags for hundreds less and I've also come across well used at nearly retail. It all depends on what's listed at the time when you are looking. I've had times when I'd be looking for a bag pre-owned with no luck in the condition and price that I wanted, went to buy it and a week later...I find what I was looking for pre-owned. :Push: If you don't find one in the condition you want and at a price you are willing to pay by the time you save up, get the new one. If you do happen to find one, use the extra on something small. Good luck deciding.

+1

Finding a good preloved item is all about luck, right place right time :smile:
In the meantime you can always go on saving

Yeah I completely understand! I am in the same predicament! I am saving for a Neverfull MM in DE as well but I keep getting sidetracked wanting something that I can have now --- preloved Galliera PM for example :smile:
I truly understand, I am saving for the DE Neverfull or Westminster, have not decided which one. I considered pre-loved NF if I could find one in excellent condition, but the prices I have seen are not far off from the original price. So, I would rather buy brand new.

I've been considering buying a Neverfull for what seems like forever now and with my budget I have been strongly considering buying preloved. I'm having seconds thoughts on the preloved and I'm considering waiting until the end of the yearish to purchase brand new. If I wait until the end of the year I will be subjected to paying even more due to the price increase and this just kills me! Do I satisfy my need for instant gratification and buy preloved now or wait until I have a little more saved up and spend even more? This decision is killing me! I would love everyones' input.

I was in the same situation. I was looking at the Speedy or Speedy B. I ended up deciding on the Speedy B for its versatility, and ended up buying new for a couple of reasons. This was my first LV item, and I wanted it to be special. When I looked at the resale sites, there wasn't a huge difference in price from new - so I took the plunge. My next purchase will more than likely be preloved.

Are you interested in the neo neverfull, the one with the included pouch, or the regular neverfull? Right now the neo neverfull mm is $1160. For now, the neverfull without pouch is still available but I heard they are phasing out that one. So you may wanna do some research on this forum about that, bc if you wait, you maybe end up having to pay a LOT more with price increases and phasing out of the cheaper neverfull

I say wait a little bit for a new one at the end of the year, but in the meantime shop the preloved sites to find a new or like new condition NF. Maybe then you'll have one sooner than later and in good condition.

I bought a preloved DA MM never full for $795 that was slightly used (worn corners not bad but color off a tiny but) I then spoke with my husband and he said for under$300 more including tax I could get brand new so he told me to cancel the order and buy the new one. So I cancelled it and have yet to buy it from LV new. I. Know it's only $300 but I've been kicking myself that I let the preloved one go. I only have 2 weeks before the pending price increase but I keep looking for a preloved one. So I know I'm not being much help (sorry) but I say keep saving but keep your eyes open for preloved at a reasonable price! Good luck

Hi There,

I would wait until you can afford it brand new from the store -- even if you have to pay a bit more due to the price increase. The brand new Neverfull will be pristine and perfect not to mention you know that you well deserve it for saving so long and hard to get it!

Preloved Neverfulls are not that much less than buying brand new and the condition is much worse - unless you are fortunate enough to find a mint Neverfull.
100% agree with this.

For NF I have to echo the previous posters who say "buy new!" because (a) they're not THAT much of a discount and (b) with the cracking issues on the canvas lines, you would want to have proof that you bought a new one from LV so you can get repairs taken care of with ease! But obviously if you can find what you want in awesome condition from Yoogi's or another trusted site that guarantees authenticity then by all means go for it!

Now if you were saying you wanted something like a Trevi or a Siracusa which even preloved are hard to find <$1K+ I'd say "preloved all the way" but for NF I'd go new.