Buy or not to buy: J'adior Flap Bag White

kpgirl

Jan 20, 2013
Been eying this bag for a while now ever since I saw I came across a Youtube video . However, I'm not sure if I should take the plunge. I mostly own black bags: Chanel Boy GHW, YSL Cassandre, LV Petite Malle. I want to purchase one big white bag to wear ( I own a mini white prada in GHW, but I don't wear as much as I use to since it's so small). I mostly wear black outfits, and I do think the white statement bag would make the outfits pop.
I think I'm just trying to get opinions on who owns this bag on here, and what do they think of it. I never owned a Dior bag, so I'm trying to see what the hype is. I'm look at the one with the chains, comparing it with this Chanel White SHW Boy my SA got in.

https://www.dior.com/couture/en_us/...bag-with-chain-in-off-white-calfskin-11-38793

Hi! Ok so I don't own a J'Adior, but I do own a white Dio(r)evolution, somewhat similar. I have been shocked at how there is no color transfer on the smooth calf whatsoever. I have had plenty of the Dior addict bags also, and these chains are the same. I love them. They also come off, so you can use a different strap if you want to. All I can tell you about the "Dior hype" is that the quality and the edginess of the Diors, IMHO, is not replicated with any other designer. My collection is always Dior vs Chanel, I have about equal pieces of both, but I love them for different reasons. Dior expresses a fashion side of me that Chanel cannot, and vice versa. This bag will fit more than the boy, but will be better constructed and higher quality than the Chanel.

I suggest getting it. Since most of your bags are black, a white bag would be nice, especially when paired with aged gold hardware which makes for a beautiful combination.

You'll find Dior's quality quite exceptional. The J'ADIOR is lined with suede, unlike the Boy which is usually lined in canvas.

UPDATE: Ended up getting the White Flap and couldn't be more happier with my purchase! Thank you to both @averagejoe and @TraceySH !! Been really into Dior lately, and might go back for the jewelry! Like it better than my chanel boy :P

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 8.52.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 8.52.08 PM.png
    761.3 KB · Views: 491
  • Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 8.52.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 8.52.14 PM.png
    518.6 KB · Views: 495