buy from one store return to another?

babielovah

Born to Shop!
O.G.
Mar 17, 2007
I bought some items from store A, and if I return them to store B, do they still take the sales away from the store A? Does it affect store B in anyway? I heard many stores sometimes tell the customers to return it to the original store or give customers a hard time when the item wasn't originally purchased there. Any one know how that works?

I believe you can. I recently purchased a Damier NF in Vegas btw I live in NY, so when I got back to NY I decided to return it and NY allowed me to return it for the price I purchased for I also had my reciept. Hope this helped.

I know you can return them to another store.. that actually wasn't my question...

I bought some items from store A, and if I return them to store B, do they still take the sales away from the store A? Does it affect store B in anyway? I heard many stores sometimes tell the customers to return it to the original store or give customers a hard time when the item wasn't originally purchased there. Any one know how that works?

sorry for the confusion!

I have done that. Bought something at store A & returned it at store B. But then I ended up deciding to buy something else at store B (as I was leaving), so I did not have any trouble from the SA at store B.

I don't really know how it affects each store's bottom line.

I have returned an item to a boutique that was bought from LV.com. My accounting background leads me to say it doesn't go against the boutique's sales. It would only affect their inventory and inter-store transfer.

I know you can return them to another store.. that actually wasn't my question...

sorry for the confusion!

The reason why stores don't like it when you buy from one and return to another is that it affects the store's overall sales. The return still gets counted against the store that took the return, even though they didn't sell the item originally - it will reduce a store's overall sales.

It is a little unfair to the customers that the bonusing and numbers are looked at this way store by store since it can lead to some bad customer service.

I have returned an item to a boutique that was bought from LV.com. My accounting background leads me to say it doesn't go against the boutique's sales. It would only affect their inventory and inter-store transfer.

It does though.. which is why sometimes a customer will be given a hard time for this type of return. :s