Buy daily jewelry you like or statement one you LOVE?

Dec 24, 2012
I’m looking to buy a bracelet with some saved money. With designer pricey pieces you would look for something you wear daily right? What if you are torn between two pieces one more delicate and daily, and the other is more intricate and beautiful but mainly suited as a going out piece but it makes your heart sing? I can’t get both, and if I get one I don’t know if I will ever get the other. Please share your thoughts! Thanks

Can I ask what the pieces are? For me, unless the piece is truly delicate, I wear whatever daily. Sometimes I want to sparkle like a princess and pile on the bling. Other days I want to be subtle and blend in as much as possible. It is more about a mood rather than occasion in my life.
The daily one is the Cartier slim just in clou, and the more ornate one is this ruby diamond one from an online source I’ve been researching.54E8C919-0E52-4055-AFB4-6E2E5072ECD8.jpeg2666F2AD-FDEC-4635-9E48-0C63FD76F176.jpeg

The diamond and ruby bracelet is exquisite!

Here are the things I would consider:

How often would you wear the diamond and ruby bracelet?
The JUC could be worn daily, but would you wear it daily?
Even if you didn't wear the ruby and diamond bracelet often, could you store it in a way that would let you see it often (every time you opened your jewelry box...)? If so, would it bring you enough happiness seeing it every day, even if you weren't wearing it every day?
For me, the JUC could only be worn with bracelet length or shorter sleeves (for long sleeves I'd worry about the nail point damaging my sleeve), and our climate means I wear long sleeves a lot. This may, or may not, be a concern for you.
I'd say there is a much better chance of being able to find the JUC at a later date than the ruby and diamond bracelet.

Good luck deciding.

Reactions: 880 and mocktail
First question: Do you know if you enjoy wearing a bracelet on a daily basis?
I don't wear bracelets to the office because they annoy me and get in the way. It would be sad if you choose the everyday bracelet and in reality it becomes an occasion piece. In this case I suggest going with the more statement piece that you truly love!

I’m so glad you asked this because I just went through a similar dilemma.
I was torn between two rings.
One was diamond and wearable everyday. The other was a big Colombian emerald.
The “wearability” of the diamond won hands down no contest but the emerald made my heart sing.
Plus, as with the JUC, the diamond is always available whereas the other piece is special.
I went with the special emerald.
I plan on wearing it a lot not just for special occasions....life’s too short!
I vote fabulous ruby bracelet for sure!!