Buy CF before price increase or wait for that “Rue Cambon” experience?

What would you do?

• Buy now and get something else later

Votes: 49 87.5%
  • Stick to your original plan!

Votes: 7 12.5%

• Total voters

XCCX

Instagram @thediarentist
O.G.
Nov 23, 2009
Hello!

As you can tell from the title, I’m about to make this decision.

My collection feels complete and is almost complete especially the classics and I mostly purchase classics. The only classic that I still like to add is the medium flap in beige claire with GHW.

I was able to get my black one right before the last price increase and said then that I’m done (classics) until I have the chance to shop at Rue Cambon (no travel plans yet whatsoever) and I can get the beige one then, but I guess I’m a bit tempted/terrified of another price increase and contemplating getting it sooner although maybe in Europe and with VAT refund it would be a similar price to the one in my location even after price increase?

I know that I can get the CF now since it’s the last one I plan to get and buy something else later in Paris? But I’m a person who plans my purchases well so I’m not sure..

So torn and would love to hear your thoughts :smile:

Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: deb68nc and 880
I wanted to get a small CF and thought about travelling out of Europe, or even Euro zone such as to the UK or Switzerland to get tax refund and save some money then the Covid came, travel was banned meanwhile the CF price increased by €1,000 so now even with tax refund it'd be more expensive than old price without tax refund -_-
I don't think the next price increase would be as violent but who knows with Chanel, so better get your wish bag now to avoid being terrified like I was!

• Love
Reactions: 880 and XCCX
Absolutely buy now. I think the price increase alone is a good enough reason but also You don't know WHAT and IF it will be available at Rue Cambon when you do get a chance to go.

This is a very good point. It would be so much less stressful if I didn’t have a particular item that I’m looking for there..

Reactions: 880
Buy now!! The beige might not even be available when you finally make it to Rue Cambon, and this might be several price increases later. I personally feel like the best shopping experience for Rue Cambon is to go there without a lot of expectations on what you might be able to find. That way you can enjoy browsing and trying stuff on, and then buy what's available.

Buy now!! The beige might not even be available when you finally make it to Rue Cambon, and this might be several price increases later. I personally feel like the best shopping experience for Rue Cambon is to go there without a lot of expectations on what you might be able to find. That way you can enjoy browsing and trying stuff on, and then buy what's available.

I’ll be honest with you, this exactly was my plan a while back but changed it maybe to slow down on purchases although I haven’t purchased many recently.. but you know that feeling right after you make a big purchase (my black medium) that you need to have a “break” it made me kind of push the beige away for some time lol

I’ll be honest with you, this exactly was my plan a while back but changed it maybe to slow down on purchases although I haven’t purchased many recently.. but you know that feeling right after you make a big purchase (my black medium) that you need to have a “break” it made me kind of push the beige away for some time lol

I totally feel you. I turned down some rectangular minis back when the price was "only" US$3100 (and $3,600 Canadian) because I had bought other bags already. Now the USD price is $3800 and the Canadian price is around $5,000, and I feel SO much regret every time I think back to when I turned those bags down. But now, I feel like if I desperately want any Chanel bags, I will definitely buy it right away before you get priced out of the market.

I was at Rue Cambon two years ago and I felt guilty because I had just bought other stuff (an LV bag, a few LV accessories, a Cartier bracelet) and in the end I only bought an SLG and a brooch from Rue Cambon. I kinda regretted not getting a bag, but I also didn't see any bags I really wanted, which is also why I feel like it's important to not have any expectations when you go there. I'm happy I was able to get some accessories though, which also came in the signature white box. That was enough for me.

Reactions: fdc and XCCX
Agree! If you can find what you want, I would definitely buy now. There is no guarantee in stock and the several times I have been there, I have ended up buying somewhere else because they did not have what I was looking for. I am sure you will be able to buy something small from Rue Cambon as a memory and you will not have the pressure of hoping to find exactly what you are looking for there.

TBH I really understand how you feel. After having got my black medium CF in May just after the price increase but luckily from a reseller at old price, I was supposed to have a break for a while but then I thought I'd never have purse peace until I get a small beige CF so I was actively on a hunt again. I then found one like new on Vestiaire Collective and began to negotiate on price with the owner. When she finally accepted my offer and I was about to buy the bag, someone else did only 20 minutes before me which was really frustrating! I've recently found a vintage bag with the exact specs in excellent condition and bought it right away. I admit that I was so terrified by the latest price increase that now I can't afford hesitation anymore!

Reactions: XCCX
Hello!

As you can tell from the title, I’m about to make this decision.

My collection feels complete and is almost complete especially the classics and I mostly purchase classics. The only classic that I still like to add is the medium flap in beige claire with GHW.

I was able to get my black one right before the last price increase and said then that I’m done (classics) until I have the chance to shop at Rue Cambon (no travel plans yet whatsoever) and I can get the beige one then, but I guess I’m a bit tempted/terrified of another price increase and contemplating getting it sooner although maybe in Europe and with VAT refund it would be a similar price to the one in my location even after price increase?

I know that I can get the CF now since it’s the last one I plan to get and buy something else later in Paris? But I’m a person who plans my purchases well so I’m not sure..

So torn and would love to hear your thoughts :smile:

Thank you!
Hi there ,

If you spot a “shade” of beige that you love , get it ! Their brown / beige tones do differ from season to season so you might not get a shade you want when you get there !;)

Reactions: XCCX