buy a downtown?

urvi

O.G.
Jul 15, 2007
Does it still make sense to buy a downtown or is it now an old bag? Will it be a classic?

llson

O.G.
Aug 24, 2006
I just bought 2 within the last 4 months, sometimes it takes a while for me to 'leap'. They are still showing downtowns as part of the 'classic' collection.

jeaniep

Jun 6, 2008
I just pulled my red patent medium out and I think that it is a classic. Especially if you buy in one of buffalo leathers.

urvi

O.G.
Jul 15, 2007
thanks so much, really helps! i loved the downtown but was hesitating but now i feel i can get it!
what do you think of the tribute tote?

shazam

Jul 22, 2007
thanks so much, really helps! i loved the downtown but was hesitating but now i feel i can get it!
what do you think of the tribute tote?
I love my Downtown and it's really just a funky take on a tote, so I think as long as people are carrying totes, you'll see Downtowns around. I also love my Tribute and often get tons of compliments on it. The Tribute is nice because it has a slim profile so you don't feel like you're carrying a huge bag (I prefer the Large size) but it can be a little impractical at times since you can't really set it down (it flops over on its side) and because it's so long you have to reach deep to find your things. None of that was a huge bother to me, though, and I carried mine for three months straight at one point.

edwang

Aug 6, 2008
I bought four Downtown in different leather. I love its volumous size without bulkiness. The shape looks great whether you carry many or few things.

urvi

O.G.
Jul 15, 2007
what are the colours that i can get in a downtown? i know you get a white, a black and an black patent crocodile look... but which others?