Buy a Chanel and get over it.

Dannadrew

Sep 11, 2016
Ok. I’ve been obsessing for about 3-5 yrs now over a jumbo double caviar ghw. But now I’m all confused. I was less than excited when I got a fake by accident (thinking it was real). So now I’m wondering if it’s just the hype that I want the jumbo double. I’m on the larger size (16) and about 5’5” so cross body is important to me. I think the jumbo is the only one that could fit.

I love my Gucci Marmont small camera bag and am debating just getting that in a larger size preloved But that could be money towards a Chanel lambskin jumbo preloved. I’m very confused.

I don’t see myself spending $7kand have a hard time swallowing$6k too. A Hermes evelyne is less than that brand new and I could probably push to a Kelly or birkin after a few years.

I also live in NorCal where black sweatpants is the standard uniform and people are not fancy at all. Plus my kids don’t go to super fancy schools so I’m a little bit at a loss for where to wear these bags.

I do like the Chanel 19 but a $5k everyday bag is a bit much. Plus it’s not classic and I worry about that.

help!! So tired of this chase!

Yes have looked. I’m seeing good preloved condition about $6k. I wonder if it’s worth getting full set? That’s another thing I am concerned about weight. But I also figure I would only wear for special occasions. It seems obscene where I live to carry that around. Even an Hermes birkin seems less flashy.

If you’ve wanted it for a long time, you’re going to keep lusting after so just bite the bullet before another increase. You can easily dress that bag down and I’ve worn my with yoga pants with no problem. I think weight varies for people. I don’t find that bag too heavy but I know some do. I actually think it’s the perfect size classic flap. I would get the classic before the 19 since that’s what you really want. I would not get another Gucci in hopes that it would satisfy your want for the Chanel...it won’t.

Having said all of this, I love my 19. It’s my perfect Chanel.

Yes have looked. I’m seeing good preloved condition about $6k. I wonder if it’s worth getting full set? That’s another thing I am concerned about weight. But I also figure I would only wear for special occasions. It seems obscene where I live to carry that around. Even an Hermes birkin seems less flashy.
As i'm in Australia, 6k usd seems high, but having a quick browse around US sites, your pricing seems about right. There's usually a price increase in Chanel around October/November, so you may want to get it before than, as it will increase preloved prices.

Jumbos are less dressy than the Medium/large size. And if you opt for silver hardware, it will be a great casual look, you can bring it out shopping. Also consider the single flap jumbo, as it will be friendlier to your budget and the double flap bag is insanely heavy empty! Double flap is 2.65 pounds or 1.2kg empty. There's tons of videos on youtube, just search "single flap chanel jumbo".

If i were you, i would just buy a single flap jumbo preloved first from either Fashionphile or Rebag. Anyway, if you decide you don't like the bag, you can easily resell it. The price of the single flap jumbos have shot up since May's price increase, it's so darn popular , you would have no issue reselling or getting your money back, you may even make a profit!

$5335 https://shop.rebag.com/products/han...-single-flap-bag-quilted-caviar-jumbo57886267
$4750 https://www.fashionphile.com/chanel-caviar-quilted-jumbo-single-flap-black-530028
$4995 https://www.fashionphile.com/chanel-caviar-quilted-jumbo-single-flap-black-546956

Reactions: Dannadrew
Thanks! I like the double because of structure. Which is also why I’m partial to a newer jumbo. I’ve bought two fakes by accident already and so paranoid now. I’m almost thinking to just buy from boutique as I doubt I would sell the bag. I see other Chanel’s that are more casual but it just seems wrong to go grocery shopping with something over $2k!
I think the price increase is exactly why I’m thinking to buy now. We just sold our house and finally have a bit of cash. But not enough to go nuts!
I feel for used a difference of 1000$ is very little.But $7600 for the back seems obscene.

Thanks! I like the double because of structure. Which is also why I’m partial to a newer jumbo. I’ve bought two fakes by accident already and so paranoid now. I’m almost thinking to just buy from boutique as I doubt I would sell the bag. I see other Chanel’s that are more casual but it just seems wrong to go grocery shopping with something over $2k!
I think the price increase is exactly why I’m thinking to buy now. We just sold our house and finally have a bit of cash. But not enough to go nuts!
I feel for used a difference of 1000$ is very little.But $7600 for the back seems obscene.
Good to know! 100% go for it and get your preloved double flap before next month i would say! The preloved prices will only go up and not down. Some people say the price increase is in October, but traditionally it is end of November, I would get it by next month just to be safe! That's what I plan on doing as I'm going to add another preloved chanel to my collection.

You can be assured there are no fakes on Rebag and Fashionphile, with a good return policy. All the american youtubers rave about it haha. Sometimes i spend so much time looking for the bag i want online, like you I just feel like biting the bullet and just buy it. Honestly, time spent online is time wasted, I could be doing better things with my time! All the best! :biggrin:

Reactions: papertiger

I think if you bought an H Evie or larger Marmont you'd still want your Chanel. You can always get an Evie, and for a little while a Marmont should you still want one.

When you get it, wear your Chanel to the grocery store, in fact wear it as much as you can. Just think of it as a cost per wear ;)

Ok. I’ve been obsessing for about 3-5 yrs now over a jumbo double caviar ghw. But now I’m all confused. I was less than excited when I got a fake by accident (thinking it was real). So now I’m wondering if it’s just the hype that I want the jumbo double. I’m on the larger size (16) and about 5’5” so cross body is important to me. I think the jumbo is the only one that could fit.

I love my Gucci Marmont small camera bag and am debating just getting that in a larger size preloved But that could be money towards a Chanel lambskin jumbo preloved. I’m very confused.

I don’t see myself spending $7kand have a hard time swallowing$6k too. A Hermes evelyne is less than that brand new and I could probably push to a Kelly or birkin after a few years.

I also live in NorCal where black sweatpants is the standard uniform and people are not fancy at all. Plus my kids don’t go to super fancy schools so I’m a little bit at a loss for where to wear these bags.

I do like the Chanel 19 but a $5k everyday bag is a bit much. Plus it’s not classic and I worry about that.

I got the feeling that you wanted love to get Chanel bag . But you're not sure what bag? what size ? where to wear it?

I would choose a classic worth the money in my opinion.
Size : Don't just get the Jumbo because you think it fits you. Currently you're enjoying the Small Gucci Mormont , so maybe Chanel Classic Medium will be a better choice or 2.55 ( reissue), or maybe a Mini or Woc.
Regarding where to wear it , you can wear you're Chanel everywhere , shopping, kids ,schools, out with family and friends ,etc.

I believe when I purchase someothing expensive I wanna use it a lot and not keep it for special occasions.

So, don't rush and just buy a Chanel bag to get over it.
Take your time , think what you want to use your bag for, and go to the store and try them on then decide.
The forum here can help, if you like a bag research about it...just take your time ..

Good Luck

• Love
Reactions: 880 and Katd1683
If you’ve wanted it for a long time, you’re going to keep lusting after so just bite the bullet before another increase. You can easily dress that bag down and I’ve worn my with yoga pants with no problem. I think weight varies for people. I don’t find that bag too heavy but I know some do. I actually think it’s the perfect size classic flap. I would get the classic before the 19 since that’s what you really want. I would not get another Gucci in hopes that it would satisfy your want for the Chanel...it won’t.

Having said all of this, I love my 19. It’s my perfect Chanel.

Totally agree with this. When I obsess over a bag I always end up getting it. In the past when I’ve felt like I didn’t want to spend the money on whatever one it was, I’ve bought other cheaper bags I’ve liked to try and fill the void but in the end I still end up getting whatever I originally had my eye on.

I had been looking at some preloved Chanels earlier this year since I haven’t bought one in a while but was like well I don’t *really* need one. So I bought a Gucci Marmont Camera Bag (I love that bag!) to get my “bag fix” but then found a preloved Chanel Reissue Camera Bag which I’ve wanted for yearssssss and ended up getting it too. So now I’ve spent on the Gucci and the Chanel :no: I’ve done this a few times over the years, always ends up costing me more in the end!

Have you considered the Top Handle bag? I saw a YouTuber reviewing it and she loves it. It comes in a few sizes and the strap is detachable, so if the strap was a bit short, you could buy another one... my mom bought one from Mautto Accessories and it looks great with her Chanel.
4101416B-A5F0-4583-95DE-818386DD9FA1.jpeg

Hi guys! Here’s my real question- considering $6500 for preloved and $7500 for brand new- which would u get?
I’ve looked at the coco handle but I know I can’t stand stiff top handles on bags that I wear. Also the medium would be great but I need it cross body which takes out so many options in Chanel.
I did think of the woc and the mini. I think if there was a cross body similar size with the Gucci Marmont I’d be happy. But there doesn’t seem to be. The mini is just a tad small and I have a iPhone plus.