buy a bag, sell a bag

shortie182

Aug 2, 2015
so I have the pallas clutch in noir that I purchased last year. I actually had my eye on the cerise color but when I brought it home I noticed there was a slight color peeling on the top edge by the zipper. I got the noir instead because I knew I wouldn't have issues with it. which I don't. I use the bag often on weekends and love that it fits everything I need. the only issue is I cant stop thinking about the cerise color (or any "color"). the noir just doesn't make my heart pitter patter when I use it. I am wondering if its worth selling it at a loss to get the color I want.

i called my local consignment store and they said they would only take $700 for it (and i paid $1400 cdn). i could sell it on the lv fb groups and prob get $1000/$1100 cdn for it.

what do u guys think? is it worth the hassle to do that? do u have any experience selling on the fb groups and has it been easy to do?

Another vote for eBay, I know the fees can get a bit high but I've been a seller on eBay for 12 years and have had great experience.
Sold my last 2 LV's on eBay

so I have the pallas clutch in noir that I purchased last year. I actually had my eye on the cerise color but when I brought it home I noticed there was a slight color peeling on the top edge by the zipper. I got the noir instead because I knew I wouldn't have issues with it. which I don't. I use the bag often on weekends and love that it fits everything I need. the only issue is I cant stop thinking about the cerise color (or any "color"). the noir just doesn't make my heart pitter patter when I use it. I am wondering if its worth selling it at a loss to get the color I want.

i called my local consignment store and they said they would only take $700 for it (and i paid $1400 cdn). i could sell it on the lv fb groups and prob get $1000/$1100 cdn for it.

what do u guys think? is it worth the hassle to do that? do u have any experience selling on the fb groups and has it been easy to do?

Hi, I don't mean to hijack ur thread, but I'm in Canada too and was curious what LV FB groups u use. If u could let me know that would be greatly appreciated.

I've heard about people purchasing and then claiming they got a fake. Has that ever happened to u

Me too. I am afraid of eBay and have not tried it for that same reason.
I think half the price is too much to lose on a 1 year purchase imo. How about instagram it kijiji? Some people use that. Good luck.

I've heard about people purchasing and then claiming they got a fake. Has that ever happened to u
That's why I won't sell LV on there...only kate spade, MK, Coach...bags I would be ok with taking a hit if someone scammed me. I would be devastated if one of my premier bags went to a bad person and I got scammed.

Have you considered keeping the noir and opting for an slg in cerise instead? I'm only suggesting that because the noir is working well for you and that selling seems more of a hassle, not to mention the strong possibility of a less than ideal resale value (the amount that you would lose and then have to contribute to repurchase the clutch may be about the same to buy an slg).