Buxom Buddy VS Blanche leather

tokikat8

Apr 16, 2008
Hey girls- sorry if this has already been asked but the search wasn't working and I couldn't find it on my own....:sweatdrop:

I am about to buy a carte blanche in ameythst off of ebay and I want to know whats the difference between this bag and the buxom buddy- I heard it was something to do with the leather.... can anyone describe to me the leather on these two bags (soft, hard, thin, thick, shiney???:shrugs: lol )

Thanks a ton!!!:tup:

Yes ma'am, the leather is the difference with this bag! :yes:

The Buxom Buddy was a fall 2007 Tano that was made in Lenny leather. Lenny is very soft, smooshy leather. It's a leather that feels very soft and 'untreated' if you will.

The Carte Blanche is made in velvet leather which came out in Tano's Fall 2008 line. Velvet leather is very beautiful, puddly leather that has a nice muted shine to it.

The Lenny leather is much softer of the two....but a Buxom Buddy will be a lot harder to come by than a Carte Blanche as the Buxom has been off the radar for over a year.

This is VELVET LEATHER (in amethyst):

2uhqzv4.jpg

This is LENNY LEATHER (in drizzle grey):

25tb2ub.jpg

Yeah!! thanks for all the help! I bought the bag !!
It was pretty funny- it was from a TPFer who I guess only likes HH bags, and she got a tano and was "dissapointed with the quality" rofl- it was just funny because I saw her post in the HH forum and then saw all the stuff she wrote in the listing about it being "the perfect tano bag" lol I was like hmmm singing a diffrent tune now. People are somtimes ridiculous about bags I think- these bag are perfect for the price range they are in, and the style and coloring is to die for so, let em' buy 500$ purses I say.. lol

I'll post some pics when I get it in the mail :smile:
Thanks again girls!

Congratulations!! I love my black Carte Blanche and hope you like your new one!! The leather is really nice, and all the compartments are great. It's nice to carry as an everyday bag, but also looks very classy to me. Enjoy!

Joan

WOW!!! I suck!!! Sorry!!! Life got mad busy!!!!

Heres the pics (ignore my little belly;) Ive discovered beard papa's- the cream puff chain hahahahha )
IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

the leather is very soft and smooth- not at all crispy or anything. And the color in these pics is pretty close to the real color.... I LOVE it!!!!!

I just purchased a Carte Blanche in the Lenny leather off of ebay & am patiently waiting for it to arrive. Can someone tell me if the leather looks luxe or just worn-out. I took a leap of faith by ordering my first Tano on the bay... (mine looks like a burgundy color based on the pics - I'll know for sure when I see it in person)