Butter London polish chipping

Apr 15, 2007
For the last few weeks my polish has been chipping.. I use

2 coats & maybe I should be using 3.. and also use Butter top coat as well

Anyone else having this problem..

Any suggestions appreciated:smile:

Thanks

butter london is actually the best wearing polish, at least i think.

i usually buff my nail and use a bottom coat. i could get almost two weeks out of it.

chanel is the worst for me. it chips next day. ( i just switched from opi top coat to seche vite to see if it makes a difference.)

A lot of it is body chemistry. I think most of us have one brand or another that just doesn't work well. For me it's OPI.

I personally use Nubar Foundation BC and Poshe TC with Butter London and find it to be one of the best-wearing brands for me. I'm sorry it isn't working for you. :sad:

I find that there's lots of variation even within the brand. I absolutely love Aston, but I can only get about a day or two out of it, whereas I can wear All Hail The Queen for a week and it looks pristine. I've been using the CND Super Stickey basecoat and Super Shiny topcoat, but I'm tempted to try the BL top and basecoats and see if that might make a difference.

BL chips on me as well - one of them chipped within an hour. And I usually change my polish every other day. I tried different base coats and top coats and nothing worked. I agree that it has to do with body chemistry - Essie chips badly on me too.

I used to have problems with BL using seche vite top coat, it chipped real bad. like 1 min its dry, next min already chipped. Changed to BL top coat, been happy ever since.

I am also using deborah lippmann addicted to speed top coat, and its been doing really well with BL, Chanel, Dior and OPI. I use CND stickey base.