But Its Only A Bag !!!

Good morning ladies!!!
Polaremil - have a wonderful trip and have a pint for me!!
Sarajane - sorry about the enabling!!!! hahahahaha
Chaz - so sorry about Sophie and hope she feels better! At least it's only 1 end instead of 2!! oops - just realized that it is both!! SOOOOO sorry!!! Do ya'll have gatorade over there? I used to give that to my kids when they had the yuckies. Anyway, back to work. I have to get something done today!!

Hi Polaremil - have a great Independance Day and a nice trip to Dublin.

Chaz how are you and Sophie doing? Its not very nice when adults have that let alone a small child. The thing is they say keep them away from dairy products if you can and give them Dioralite but there was no way my precious little darlings were ever going to drink that!!! The most important thing is to make sure that she gets plenty of fluid into her - my GP even said give them lemonade to stop them getting dehydrated if they would drink it.

Going back to the thread "its only a bag" . I have never spoken to my friends or family about the Mulberry girls only my DH and daughters know and dont find it "sad" as in particular this forum people try to help one another out and to be quite honest l really dont think that there is too much that you cannot discuss with friends. I find it theraputic and chuckle at all the posts here. I would recommend anybody who needs a counsellor to read the posts on here!!!
:tup:

She's just got up,bless her she's been asleep for 3 hours,I must admit I got my head down too. She's not been sick again since this morning,I have given her very dilute milk as she's refused everything else.Its stayed down,all day now,and I've just given her 10mls of calpol as she's still like a little oven!!! Hopefully she'll have a good night,I've washed and dried all her other beddig just in case we have a repeat of last night!!xxxxxxxxx

Chaz do you trying to cool her down with a flannel or anything. When my twins were 13 months old they caught a bug and both were throwing up everywhere. My MIL bless her came to help me get fluids down them l had the three girls being sick at the same time. One of the twins recovered okay but the other got dehydrated and had to be hospitalised and isolated. She had such a high temperature that in January in her isolation ward she was stripped naked with only a nappy on and her cot was placed straight under an open window wide open to get it down. I was torn between the girls l had a baby at home and her in the hospital with her arm in a splint tied to the bars of the cot being drip fed glucose. Boy was l glad to get her home!!!

Chaz do you trying to cool her down with a flannel or anything. When my twins were 13 months old they caught a bug and both were throwing up everywhere. My MIL bless her came to help me get fluids down them l had the three girls being sick at the same time. One of the twins recovered okay but the other got dehydrated and had to be hospitalised and isolated. She had such a high temperature that in January in her isolation ward she was stripped naked with only a nappy on and her cot was placed straight under an open window wide open to get it down. I was torn between the girls l had a baby at home and her in the hospital with her arm in a splint tied to the bars of the cot being drip fed glucose. Boy was l glad to get her home!!!

gtomad - another nutter who went on to have more kids after having twins.:nuts: When i used to occasionally go on my local twinsclub outings i was the only one with another child- it appears that twins are a great contraceptive!!!!! (i've got 3 boys!)

gtomad - another nutter who went on to have more kids after having twins.:nuts: When i used to occasionally go on my local twinsclub outings i was the only one with another child- it appears that twins are a great contraceptive!!!!! (i've got 3 boys!)

flyvetjo - mine came along just after l'd got the first one off to school!! I had wanted one more and never had any luck:nuts: and just started having driving lessons so that when she started school l could work school hours and thats when it happened:graucho:
I was heavily pregnant when l took my driving test and fortunately passed - which then caused another problem - DH was so worried about me being pregnant and had already bought be a mini when it was confirmed that the twins were on there way that he used to phone me every morning and afternoon to make sure l had arrived at work safely and home okay. If l went to firends or family l had to phone the moment l arrived. Needless to say l didn't have the mini very long but progressed to an estate car!!!

Oooh yes,not had to resort to cold flannels,but have been stripping her off,on and off through the day and that seems to have kept it under control,I'm so glad its not turned out like your experience!!It must have been so frightening!!! When it involves your babies being ill or in danger nothing brings out the protective lioness more!! It can be just awful watching them ill and you have done as much as you can and more,and they are still miserable and poorly.Not the best part of being a parent,but rather all this than not have become a parent at all!!xxxxxxxxxxx

Oh yes- we had that sort of bug a couple of weeks ago. This time of year is a nightmare! hope she's not feeling too bad- maybe she'll sleep lots and you can come on here! I was up several times last night with my 3 yr old who seems to suffer from cramp in his legs- wakes up screaming and claiming his leg hurts!

Andy used to get this when he was small,he grew quite fast,and MIL is convinced to this day such a thing as growing pains really do exist.Not much comfort though to know this when your on your seventh wake up of the night:tdown: but Andy has turned into a strapping bloke,big boned six foot two and an appetite like a gazillion horses,so maybe there is something to it???

Oooh yes,not had to resort to cold flannels,but have been stripping her off,on and off through the day and that seems to have kept it under control,I'm so glad its not turned out like your experience!!It must have been so frightening!!! When it involves your babies being ill or in danger nothing brings out the protective lioness more!! It can be just awful watching them ill and you have done as much as you can and more,and they are still miserable and poorly.Not the best part of being a parent,but rather all this than not have become a parent at all!!xxxxxxxxxxx

You're quite right it is frightening but like everything else that is worrying as a parent you just go into overdrive mode and cope and it's not until somebody else is going through the same that it brings back memories some good and some not so good. I was terrible when it came to them having their injections - one minute a smiley face the next a sobbing little baby. I would have had the injections for them if l could!!!

You're quite right it is frightening but like everything else that is worrying as a parent you just go into overdrive mode and cope and it's not until somebody else is going through the same that it brings back memories some good and some not so good. I was terrible when it came to them having their injections - one minute a smiley face the next a sobbing little baby. I would have had the injections for them if l could!!!

I can't bear the injections,I tried leaving her with the nurse(who is absolutely lovely,Andys mum was her auxillary for a long time!!) But hearing her screaming and not being there for her just upset me beyond belief!! I don't want to pass on my fear of needles so I really don't want her witnessing my reaction to them.Its got to the stage now that Andy will take the morning off work to take her,so she's not with a stranger but then does'nt see me over-reacting and bursting into tears!!!

Hi there lovely M ladies. Tomorrow, early, DH and I'll be off to Dublin to spend long weekend thanks to one extra day off since tomorrow is Finland's independence day, 90th that is. Before that I have to: cook a large quantity of Bolognese sauce for the kids; go buy cinema tickets for kindergarten teachers; mend a coat (:cursing:buttons); pack; attend kindergarten board meeting to present gloomy numbers for 08 and 09; attend kindergarten christmas party with the teachers; brief my mother who'll babysit and arrange details with dogsitter.:sweatdrop: Pheewieee.....

Okay, so happy Finnish independce day and love to hear from everybody next week. I sincerely hope that nobody catches :throwup:; we've had it twice within a year and especially with kids it's a nightmare....

OOoo,have a good old wander down Grafton Street too!! Have a good weekend!!!:tup::heart:

I can't bear the injections,I tried leaving her with the nurse(who is absolutely lovely,Andys mum was her auxillary for a long time!!) But hearing her screaming and not being there for her just upset me beyond belief!! I don't want to pass on my fear of needles so I really don't want her witnessing my reaction to them.Its got to the stage now that Andy will take the morning off work to take her,so she's not with a stranger but then does'nt see me over-reacting and bursting into tears!!!

What a great dad he is - mine probably would have passed out himself or smacked the doctor for "hurting " his little girls - he's still like that even though they have grown up and all have partners of their own. God help anyone if they hurt his "little" ones!!!!

What a great dad he is - mine probably would have passed out himself or smacked the doctor for "hurting " his little girls - he's still like that even though they have grown up and all have partners of their own. God help anyone if they hurt his "little" ones!!!!

I love it, sounds totally like my DH , my girls are only 3 and 7 .
I dread to think what his reaction will be when they start to bring boys home !!!