busty ladies - do crossbodies look good on you?

1. i'm busty and crossbodies aren't really flattering, but i love the convenience of it. how about you?

Materielgrrl likes this.
  2. Yeah, no. I want to love them but the straps sit right between my girls and it looks freaky because my chest looks HUGE when the bag is sitting in the middle. Whenever I must wear crossbody I wear it to the front so the strap lays skimming the side of my chest instead of between the chests.

Annie14, Sourisbrune and ccbaggirl89 like this.
  3. Yes, I still wear them on occasion...but not my go to look

4. I don’t wear crossbody much but I feel more comfortable if I’m wearing a sweater than, say, a thin tee. Less boob definition! Lol

missie1 likes this.
  5. I am not sadly busty, however I see busts ladies in cross bodies often and AiMO they look great...

ccbaggirl89 likes this.
  6. If I feel like my bag strap is creating too much definition, I wear it over both boobs, like across the top of my chest, and let the bag itself rest slightly farther back than I might otherwise so the strap stays in place. I will say that I feel like this is the kind of thing that we notice on ourselves but is rarely noticed by others. Like many supposed "imperfections!"

7. The strap needs to be long enough for the bag to hit the hip. In my opinion, a strap that is too short is what makes a crossbody less flattering on a curvy body.

Bags_4_life and carmen56 like this.
  8. I actually have paid attention and I think crossbody looks better on a busty woman. There is less of a "dent" inbetween the chest... with gals like myself (less busty), the strap plunks right into the center and really separates the girls quite a lot, but it seems to do less of that on busty ladies.... from what I've noticed anyway. I'm aware of how the strap sits and tend to hold my bag in that area to not have it rest right on top of me.

9. Yes if the straps are long enough..

10. This is a problem for me....but I love the convenience of crossbody bags. Enough that I have started wearing sports bras under casual clothing, or a cami over my regular bra, to keep the strap from cutting all the way in.

11. I'm slim busty (30G) and I don't have any issues with wearing crossbodies. I actually love the style for convenience. So I agree w/ @42shoes. I think it may be something you notice that no one else does. Have fun with your bags! :smile:

42shoes likes this.
  12. I’m so opposite of busty and therefore cross body bag is my secret weapon to ensure my husband can locate and identify me vs my 12 year old son :roflmfao:

I think if the strap is long enough and doesn’t squish you, you lucky busty women look great with cross body bags!!!

13. I’m a 32D/DD and love cross bodies...they may look awkward depending on the fabric I’m wearing on top though, if that makes sense.
    A stiffer fabric will keep the strap out of any cleavage, whereas softer fabric will def make the strap sink in and separate. Lots of analysis here, lol.

14. #14 Jan 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    The bag and the strap width are both big issues for me.

Strap- Thin chain or thin strap means only a small or flat bag. I’m 5’10”, so I need length, too. Thin chain/strap bags that look okay- WOC or soft messenger. A thin chain and bigger bag emphasizes my top and hips.

Bag- Flat, small, body molding or tapered on top. Definitely not a Jumbo or medium CF. Okay bag styles- Reissue 225/226, north/south styles and bags like the LV Neo Vivienne.

If the bag is structured, I look like I have a lunchbox, a thick novel or loaf of sandwich bread on my hip.
    A big NO on me is the Boy Bag, though I’ve seen others pull it off crossbody.

CoastalCouture likes this.