Busted, My Aching Back, Paddy Tote Saga

ETenebris said:
Well, at least I got the whiskey! It will be more versatile...and maybe I can get on an early list for the cream Edith for winter. IF such a thing exists. My SA had not heard of one, but promises to e-mail me the MOMENT he hears anything.

the whiskey is lovely. there was one sitting on the counter at saks today - i thought eureka, this is too good to be true. even if i don't decided to keep it one of the PF girls will be in heaven to know i snagged one and i'll sell it to them. sure enough it belonged to someone and she came up and yanked it from me!

ETenebris said:
If I bought a bag from Chloe NYC, can I exchange it at Chloe SCP? Did the Costa Mesa store have pocket Paddingtons? If so, do you know what colors?

I am not sure about the return/exchange policy...I think it is likely that Chloe SCP would suggest that you return the bag to Chloe NYC to process your store credit, your store credit could then be used at Chloe NYC or SCP. On the other hand, Chloe SCP is out of the blanc, so they may let you trade for a color that they have in stock. I seem to recall the mousse in stock at one point...but can't recall if it was the pocket paddy or the traditional paddy satchel.

SoCal said:
I am not sure about the return/exchange policy...I think it is likely that Chloe SCP would suggest that you return the bag to Chloe NYC to process your store credit, your store credit could then be used at Chloe NYC or SCP. On the other hand, Chloe SCP is out of the blanc, so they may let you trade for a color that they have in stock. I seem to recall the mousse in stock at one point...but can't recall if it was the pocket paddy or the traditional paddy satchel.

Hmm. Sounds like I might have to give them a call if I decide against the blanc. I want both, but I don't need both! I love the silver hardware on the mousse, and I had the mousse first...but I love the blanc, too! What to do?

SoCal said:
Get both?

Noooooooooo! I don't want to have two of the same bag. One would get used, the other would sit on a shelf. And I have already bought three bags in the last month (two of which aren't even here yet, and two others that didn't work and either went back or were sold)...so I need to slow down on the bags! :unsure:

It appears that unfriendliness is a staple at Chloe stores. Here in Paris, it is the same, they were terrible the two times I went there.

I'd much rather go to the Printemps, the SA there is really friendly and nice. Her name is Cynthia, if you ever come through here, ask for her.

I must say, Chloe in Paris have the best service.They always friendly. u can even touch all the bags and try, they will only smile and if you want to complain or exchange,they will always happy to help you.
I live in Germany, and last weekend I went to a shop that sales Chloe bags. I didnt carry my Paddy that time, I had Mulberry, and the salesgirl look at me like'''dont touch the bags''''..
I really hate this kind of people who only earn a salary A MONTH like a price of ONE PADDY. They sometimes act like they OWN THE SHOP... suck

ooh interesting thought... if the chloe SAs are universally rude, perhaps it's an unwritten store policy? perhaps Chloe thinks it's a reverse-psychology sort of marketing technique that pays off in the long run.... an image of unattainability and loftiness? etc etc....

Hmm... now I'm kinda worried. I just got a new paddy whiskey, which isn't here yet but I have chronic back problems and now am wondering if it will be too strainful on my back. Ladies, is it really that heavy???

jeannie77 said:
Hmm... now I'm kinda worried. I just got a new paddy whiskey, which isn't here yet but I have chronic back problems and now am wondering if it will be too strainful on my back. Ladies, is it really that heavy???

i don't really carry mine around everyday, so i haven't had any problems.

jeanie77, it's heavier than most bags of that size but I don't find it that heavy. I guess it's subjective what "heavy" means to different ppl. It also depends on what you're used to. Did u get the regular Paddy satchel? I think with that it's more forgiving coz it's a bag that u can wear just as comfortably on the crook of your arm or just as a hand/carry bag, rather than on your shoulders if you're worried about back soreness. The original poster was refering to her Paddy shopper tote I think, which is a large bag that is mostly shoulder-carried.

Definitely wait till u get yours and see how it is.. is it coming from a place with a good return policy, just in case?

SerenitySue said:
jeanie77, it's heavier than most bags of that size but I don't find it that heavy. I guess it's subjective what "heavy" means to different ppl. It also depends on what you're used to. Did u get the regular Paddy satchel? I think with that it's more forgiving coz it's a bag that u can wear just as comfortably on the crook of your arm or just as a hand/carry bag, rather than on your shoulders if you're worried about back soreness. The original poster was refering to her Paddy shopper tote I think, which is a large bag that is mostly shoulder-carried.

Definitely wait till u get yours and see how it is.. is it coming from a place with a good return policy, just in case?

Oh, I see. Yes mine is the regular paddy not the shopper and I can return it within one week so I suppose I'll have to see. Thanks for the advice!