Burnt Sun...do you have this color? What do you think of it?

4purse

O.G.
Jul 4, 2007
I'd appreciate any feedback pros and cons about this Burnt Sun color. I'm thinking about getting it but not sure how versatile it is. Does anyone have it and what do you think. Thanks in advance;)

love the color, absolutely gorgeous IRL, but i refrained from buying that color due to how stain issues....i have two young children and darker color bags just suit my lifestyle better right now.

I was curious about that too. Were you looking at a bag or small leather item?

Both actually. I tried on the large veneta hobo because I wanted to:P--despite knowing well beforehand that I wouldn't be buying it - I've had issues with denim transfer on lighter color bags before (not with BV but still....I wear dark jeans ALL the time when I'm not at the office....). I was really after an accessory in that color, so I looked at wallets, makeup pouches, then as I was playing with them, I realized that the small item will be tossed around in my purse and probably even more likely to get stained from 'hanging out' with the rest of my stuff in the purse...keys, sunglasses, usually a book, phone, a million lipsticks, hand lotion, water bottle, pen, notebook...and I decided maybe a coated canvas pouch or a darker color BV is probably a more practical idea for me, especially since my younger one likes to dig his grabby hands into my purse and pull out all the 'toys'.

On the other hand, I know at least a couple other people who owns and carries often lighter color venetas (creamy white color and azure--lighter bright blue, very similar to turquoise) with no issue to minimal issues (rubbed corners on the white bag, a couple of spot throughout the body; and very very minimal signs of use on corner on the blue bag). I also have a magnolia montaigne myself that's in fairly good shape despite the pale pink color, though I carry that mostly over my wrist.

Not sure if this helps or makes it more confusing, but GL, it's a gorgeous color!

Well I decided to go for it and got the Medium Veneta in Burnt Sun. I'm pleasantly surprised with how versatile it is and much it goes with. Its SO pretty in person. I thought it would be a real Pop of color...which it is, but it's also kind of a neutral. I'll post some pics in a few days :happydance:

I love this color, but already have 2 bags that are very similar in color...Balenciaga Twiggy in Jaune and a Gustto Bacca. I carry them all the time and you are right, the color goes with everything!