BURNT my bag at a wedding :(

wow I love all the support I got in this thread! I've looked at it a few times since - and it's not that bad. I'm fortunate enough to have lots of other bags and other LV's. My SO said "at least it wasn't your Balenciaga - or your speedy!" - because those truly are my favorite bags. We both agreed that of all the bags for this to happen to, this was the best one because it's used the least. Yes, it has sentimental value, and for that I still treasure it. We've likened the burn to how vachetta stains. We've always found the vachetta leather rather endearing, and each stain gives the bag character. For example, I know on my speedy tab the mark there is from my SO's hair mousse, lol. Each stain and mark makes the piece unique onto me - and this burn will forever mark that wedding :lol:

I'm SO sorry this happened to you! Bastard floating candles!!!

But, it DOES look like it's in the center, no? I agree with other posters, put a gorgeous brooch on it and no one will ever suspect.

Hang in there!:heart:

wow I love all the support I got in this thread! I've looked at it a few times since - and it's not that bad. I'm fortunate enough to have lots of other bags and other LV's. My SO said "at least it wasn't your Balenciaga - or your speedy!" - because those truly are my favorite bags. We both agreed that of all the bags for this to happen to, this was the best one because it's used the least. Yes, it has sentimental value, and for that I still treasure it. We've likened the burn to how vachetta stains. We've always found the vachetta leather rather endearing, and each stain gives the bag character. For example, I know on my speedy tab the mark there is from my SO's hair mousse, lol. Each stain and mark makes the piece unique onto me - and this burn will forever mark that wedding :lol:

I'm so glad to hear you say this, cause I totally agree. I love my pre loved bags, but the new ones are my favorites, for this very reason, they have the patina of my life on them, and I do love that! Congrats on seeing the glass half full!:smile: I'm with ya.;)

Awwww I'm sorry! This might sound really stupid... but if it's a big, weird, lumpy melted spot, you could try melting it again and smoothing it over with like a butter knife or something. I don't know if that would work, but if it looks really bad it could help!