burning LVs????crazzyyy...

They do give them ample time to sell...they send the pieces (bags, ready to wear) around from store to store for a couple years for those who want them and may happen to call the 800 number looking for a piece. Then when they've been sent around to a majority of the stores, they offer them to the SAs for 80% off. THEN if they don't sell, they get burned.
But do know that the vast majority of pieces get sold before they get sent to the incinerator.

They do give them ample time to sell...they send the pieces (bags, ready to wear) around from store to store for a couple years for those who want them and may happen to call the 800 number looking for a piece. Then when they've been sent around to a majority of the stores, they offer them to the SAs for 80% off. THEN if they don't sell, they get burned.
But do know that the vast majority of pieces get sold before they get sent to the incinerator.

Rebecca you really know your stuff! :heart:

I was actually told by SA on phone that the bags get destroyed, never sent to discount shops, etc but any type of destroying is super sad.

Nope, no discount shops.
The SAs just get offered pieces at a discount in store.

In a way it's actually a good thing..but honestly, the pieces that get sent away (if any, like I said, there are VERY VERY few) aren't pieces the general public would want anyway.
For example, no monogram canvas or damier, etc. They're mostly the special limited edition lines. But even then, those are so limited that it would be rare that a piece WASN'T sold out already.
Like for example, the monogram mizi's and klara's were limited but there was such demand for them that they never would have made it there in the first place.
That's the way it is with most things. LV never overproduces for the simple reason that they'd rather NOT have to burn any items..it's a waste of money, and even though they make a lot of money, they sure don't want to lose any of it. :yes:

I know the merchandise is totally different, but when I used to work for a major bookstore chain, we used to have to destroy unsold books. No burning, though; too reminiscent of Fahrenheit 911 (the book, not the film!) Unbeknownst to the bookstore powers above, our manager let us take what books we wanted home. They lacked the covers, but what does that matter?

I wonder if this happens with the LVs, too. Maybe they just SAY that they are destroyed, but some lucky employees get to take them home (marked, of course, so they know that they weren't purchased.)