Burgundy XL PS1 (WARNING: photo-heavy)

ehemelay

O.G.
Apr 30, 2009
I'd thought I was finished with handbag purchases for the year (and feeling pleased with myself for meeting my goal of downsizing to only 10 in the collection), but this came lovely Burgundy XL PS1 was too good to pass up.

I'd been contemplating the XL size as a work bag for nearly a year, but since I am usually traveling (tote my laptops around in a sturdy TUMI carry-on) or working from my home office, it seemed unnecessary. But now that I am halfway through a 2-month office assignment for work, I have carried my Black LKA every day and I want to mix things up.

The XL is a large bag, but it's not excessively large. I'm about 5'2" in stocking feet, and it would be too big for me to carry as a handbag. I would say it's comparable in size to a Balenciaga Weekender (but so much more convenient with two shoulder straps!). For some reason, though, it looks deceptively smaller when carried.

Burgundy is a very deep, wine-like color. It's a great neutral, and with the exception of a fire engine red winter coat, I think this will look good with anything in my closet. And if it darkens up like PS bags are known to do, I will like it even more.

So, here is the new addition:

1318625053.jpg

1318625066.jpg

1318625078.jpg

1318625088.jpg

1318625100.jpg

Here is the strap integration -
1318625127.jpg

Here's what the XL PS1 will carry:

Main compartment -
15" MacBook Pro
13" Dell
iPad

Open back pocket -
Pencil case
Notebook
Batteries

Front pocket -
Cell phones

(I don't carry both laptops to and from the office with me everyday - I have a MacBook at home so I usually leave the work Mac behind. It's a heavy load, but the XL PS1 feels secure. Still, I'm lazy to carry so much with me and I don't anticipate maxing out the bag like this every day.)

1318625121.jpg

1318625106.jpg

1318625093.jpg

This is what it looks like on, stuffed to the brim with gadgets:

1318625082.jpg

This is what it looks like with just one laptop and the iPad (basic, every day to-and-from the office):

1318625138.jpg

1318625133.jpg

And... finally... comparison photos.

Carrying Large Smoke PS1 and XL Burgundy:

1318625072.jpg

XL and Large:

1318625058.jpg

XL, Large and Medium:

1318625046.jpg

1318625040.jpg

XL and Large Keep All:

1318625025.jpg

PS collection - Burgundy XL PS1, Black Large Keep All, Moss Large PS1, Smoke Large PS1, Tobacco Suede Medium PS1:

1318625033.jpg

Wow - I LOVE this color!!! You must be so happy! That is a wonderful bag!! Congrats!
I will now drool on it a bit:
:drool::drool::drool:

Congrats, it's gorgeous! I'm actually so surprised but the XL holds it's shape quite well and doesn't overwhelm your frame.

Thanks to both of you! The color is amazing. And the size is perfect for work - spacious and sturdy enough to carry the essentials, but it's not overwhelming. It's the kind of bag that, although big, I wouldn't mind carrying it around with me for errands after work. And I absolutely love that there are three options to carry the bag - handle, short shoulder strap and long shoulder strap (cross-body).

Gorgeous!!!! Congrats on this beautiful addition to your fabulous family!

Thank you! I just realized that PS is now the predominant designer in my handbag collection (5 PS, 4 Bal, 2 Givenchy and 1 Clare Vivier clutch). To think, I used to have 25 or so Bbags... I'm a lot happier with a smaller collection. It's easier to pick a bag in the morning, and they all get the use they deserve.

The colour is amazing! Now I can't wait to get my burgundy large! And the XL looks like it's the perfect work bag! Congrats....you have a lovely PS collection!

Wow this is gorgeous! :love: Congrats on your new addition :biggrin: It's so nice you got the XL because it pops up questions here about this size from time to time and not many has it. I'm a bit surprised in the size comparison pic with the LKA and it doesn't look overwhelming on you.

P.S. I got a small generic weight distributor in matching leather for the crossbody strap, it could be a little tacky(?) but practical when carrying heavier items..

Edit: Your PS collection is gorg :cloud9:

Wow this is gorgeous! :love: Congrats on your new addition :biggrin: It's so nice you got the XL because it pops up questions here about this size from time to time and not many has it. I'm a bit surprised in the size comparison pic with the LKA and it doesn't look overwhelming on you.

P.S. I got a small generic weight distributor in matching leather for the crossbody strap, it could be a little tacky(?) but practical when carrying heavier items..

Edit: Your PS collection is gorg :cloud9:

Thanks, Elliespurse! I really like the idea of a weight distributor on the primary strap, because I will be using this bag to carry some heavier items. I'm very excited to give it a try for work next week!

Truly beautiful color and you have a great collection! Enjoy them all

My favorite color- Burgundy !! You have a GORGEOUS collection!

Thank you ladies, Burgundy is as beautiful in person as it is in photos. It's darker than the stock photos I have seen, with purple undertones (vs. brown).