Burgundy or wine colored nail polish

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I saw Barbra Streisand on Oprah wearing dark colored polish that looked like a burgundy color. It got me interested in maybe trying something like that for a change for my hands. I have fair skin and I'm over 40 if that makes a difference.
I've seen some positive comments about OPI Malaga Wine but it seems it's really more red than burgundy. I don't want anything that's really purple or too black. Nothing with shimmer please.....cream or flat colors.
Any suggestions?
thanks

Last edited:
I just bought OPI Manicurist of Seville and you might like it? It's not too dark but a nice shade. For something darker you might try Suzi Says Da?

Manicurist of Seville
OPI manicurist of seville.jpg

Suzi Says Da!
OPI suzi says da.jpg

I love Nfu Oh #131 - it's a gorgeous jelly with no shimmer or glitter. It dries to a lovely glossy finish, and I think it's the perfect shade of burgundy, which is my favourite colour! Plus since it's a jelly, you can easily control the colour, so it's like having multiple polishes instead of one (^(oo)^)

Here's a recent dégradé mani I did with it:
attachment.php

Here's how it looks with one coat:
attachment.php

two coats:
attachment.php

three coats:
attachment.php

^sorry for the other random colours, I was swatching as you can see (^(oo)^)

I thought I had loads but looking at mine, most have strong shimmer or are probably too dark. Do any of these - strictly cremes - take your fancy?

L-R: Estée Lauder Black Wine; CND Limited Edition; China Glaze Where's My Guard?; Essie Wicked; OPI We'll Always Have Paris

Attachments

• Burgundies.jpg
    Burgundies.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 3,953