Burberry's new logo and monogram print

For me, Burberry stands for classic, heritage, etc. - not particulary for easy and young...
Seems that nowadays every brand tries to be young, cool and targets the younger clientel... though I am not that old I cannot related to this new easy cool young vibes.

View attachment 4206645View attachment 4206646View attachment 4206647

I wasn’t sure how I felt about the new monogram pattern, but now that we’re seeing them on bags, I think it’s winning me over.

I’m really liking the TB Bag. The fawn one is weird enough for me to be drawn to it, and the “TB” initials look good even if I can see the strong Hermes Constance influence.

I like these bags !!! BUT what is with the TB logo - instead of Burberry it looks like it’s from Tory Burch!!! Very different price range and imo cheapens this bag. Why wouldn’t it be a simple “B”. Can’t figure out why it’s a TB.

Reactions: amstevens714
I like these bags !!! BUT what is with the TB logo - instead of Burberry it looks like it’s from Tory Burch!!! Very different price range and imo cheapens this bag. Why wouldn’t it be a simple “B”. Can’t figure out why it’s a TB.

I would assume that TB stands for Thomas Burberry, I agree with the rest. Tory Burch is what first comes in mind seeing that logo. Not only the logo but the new aesthetic as a whole looks really cheap. Wasn't the traditional plaid pattern working or why would they do this? It just feels unnecessary to me, but hey, it's not my brand.

I saw a Burberry store from the outside with windows covered in the new pattern, I assume they were renovating for the new look, the pattern is so bright and loud it honestly looked like a kids store or something. Luxury shop was not what came into mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: ahhgoo
Now that it's been a few months since the TB monogram has been in action on bags, clothing, etc, how is everyone feeling about the design? I'm still 50-50 on it...I like the TB monogram on certain items but I wonder if it will maintain its appeal in the long term?

The new Monogram collection drops in a few days but I'm also undecided on the overall look...here are a few pics but there are more on the Burberry website.

dt_hero_gigi_mono_1

f84ee833d26b84d71ac6531a09352bed54c1a160.jpg

Reactions: Luv2Shop1
While I understand that it takes a long time and probably many drafts before a new logo is finalized, but if we can't tell that it took 4 months, then it doesn't look well-designed in my opinion.

It looks like it took less than 4 minutes to try different fonts on Microsoft Word and pick the most generic one that looks most like what other fashion brands are using.

At least the Saint Laurent Paris logo has the T's sticking to the N's that come before them. It's very subtle but it makes the logo distinctive.

I loved the previous Burberry logo (the one you posted below). It was so classy, especially when done in gold foil against the Honey-coloured packaging.
Yup

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

DONE

Now that it's been a few months since the TB monogram has been in action on bags, clothing, etc, how is everyone feeling about the design? I'm still 50-50 on it...I like the TB monogram on certain items but I wonder if it will maintain its appeal in the long term?

The new Monogram collection drops in a few days but I'm also undecided on the overall look...here are a few pics but there are more on the Burberry website.

dt_hero_gigi_mono_1

f84ee833d26b84d71ac6531a09352bed54c1a160.jpg
The colours here look a bit like Fendi's monogram

The colours here look a bit like Fendi's monogram
I agree, but I much prefer this monogram to Fendi's. At least this looks like a real thought out pattern that could exist on an Hermès tie or the lining of a beautiful coat, not just FFFFFF.

In the realm of monogram patterns I would rate this abit higher than Dior, much higher than Fendi, probably on par with gucci or higher, but lower than LV.

Reactions: Luv2Shop1
I agree, but I much prefer this monogram to Fendi's. At least this looks like a real thought out pattern that could exist on an Hermès tie or the lining of a beautiful coat, not just FFFFFF.

In the realm of monogram patterns I would rate this abit higher than Dior, much higher than Fendi, probably on par with gucci or higher, but lower than LV.
I just think they could have tried a different colour scheme considering the fact that this monogram is very recent (not part of Burberry's heritage). I get that the brown tones are Burberry's new colours (as seen in their new packaging), but to make full head to toe looks with brown and tan monogram looks like Fendi, which is one of the designers to bring this head-to-toe logomania look back into fashion alongside Gucci. It would look more original in the first orange-white iteration that was introduced for Burberry.

Reactions: Liberté
I just think they could have tried a different colour scheme considering the fact that this monogram is very recent (not part of Burberry's heritage). I get that the brown tones are Burberry's new colours (as seen in their new packaging), but to make full head to toe looks with brown and tan monogram looks like Fendi, which is one of the designers to bring this head-to-toe logomania look back into fashion alongside Gucci. It would look more original in the first orange-white iteration that was introduced for Burberry.

I agree it would have been a lot more unique, but I guess they wanted to make appeal to a wider crowd, as only like 2% of the population can actually pull off any shade of orange. :giggle: