Burberry's new logo and monogram print

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
What do you guys think of the new Burberry logo and monogram print?
37642001_265373194051959_2498833086872027136_n.jpg

37662237_2017594201586884_2099104036866228224_n.jpg

I think the font looks generic, like a plethora of other designer brands' logos, but the logo print looks interesting!

Logo is boring and generic, nothing standout. I loved their old logo in gold print on the boxes and bags. The charm of Burberry is not minimalism or austerity.

I do really like the new monogram print! I think it's fun graphic design and I think the colors look quite nice.

The logo reminds me so much of when Hedi Slimane rebranded Yves Saint Laurent as “Saint Laurent Paris” with a logo exactly like that one. Hedi said he lifted it from the original 60s RTW line but to me it looked like he was copying Chanel, tapping into another house’s codes to appropriate their prestige. I see that here too. The monogram almost looks like Gucci “Gs” from a distance but I see the Hermès resemblance up close.

I loved the 2016 logo redesign but hate this one. So hard to believe this was 4 months of hard work lol

As far as the monogram, I bet there will be some neat pieces. They’ve used that B around a decade ago on some pieces

Attachments

• FD359C5E-F5EC-4955-B547-2166C07CE0BB.png
    FD359C5E-F5EC-4955-B547-2166C07CE0BB.png
    564.4 KB · Views: 1,379
  • 63766967-FD32-44AD-A946-F968EB5C8B3A.jpeg
    63766967-FD32-44AD-A946-F968EB5C8B3A.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,356
I loved the 2016 logo redesign but hate this one. So hard to believe this was 4 months of hard work lol

As far as the monogram, I bet there will be some neat pieces. They’ve used that B around a decade ago on some pieces
While I understand that it takes a long time and probably many drafts before a new logo is finalized, but if we can't tell that it took 4 months, then it doesn't look well-designed in my opinion.

It looks like it took less than 4 minutes to try different fonts on Microsoft Word and pick the most generic one that looks most like what other fashion brands are using.

At least the Saint Laurent Paris logo has the T's sticking to the N's that come before them. It's very subtle but it makes the logo distinctive.

I loved the previous Burberry logo (the one you posted below). It was so classy, especially when done in gold foil against the Honey-coloured packaging.

My initially feeling is that I hate the logo and the monogram. Now I don’t really mind the logo and I’m starting to feel like I should like the monogram. The reason is because I can totally see Hermes doing a monogram like this (I’ve been on a Hermes craze lately). Argh...I can’t imagine the inside of my trench coat with all these TB monogram print though :/

My initially feeling is that I hate the logo and the monogram. Now I don’t really mind the logo and I’m starting to feel like I should like the monogram. The reason is because I can totally see Hermes doing a monogram like this (I’ve been on a Hermes craze lately). Argh...I can’t imagine the inside of my trench coat with all these TB monogram print though :/
I think it's growing on me, too. I still think it is generic (I'm referring to the logo), but it doesn't look out of place on their website.

Reactions: HeatherGrace
In my opinion new logo is a non-offensive modern logo and website doesn't look bad, it looks like any modern app. But I don't see Burberry's heritage anywhere near. It might have an appeal with younger/hip audience (I assume that one the purpose) but I personally feel underwhelmed.