Burberry Umbrellas - how's the quality?

Spinky

I want all the bags
O.G.
Jun 25, 2007
I think the umbrellas are really cute and I'm contemplating getting one. My concern is the quality - it's a lot of money for something if it's going to break in less than a year like I find most umbrellas do. Are these any better?

I have a compact one and I find I have to be careful with folding it up as the "metal" rods can bend easily

I have the small ones as well. It's not very durable during heavy periods of wind (which isn't that surprising), and there were times when it felt cheap and flimsy, but its been almost 2 years and has held up pretty well overall.

I have 2 of them, the big one is more steady,strong & big, good to use in heavy rain, the small one is more cute and easy to carry around but you must be carefully when folding it up. I don't have any problems with them so far

I've had the compact collapsible one for at least 5 years. It doesn't "feel" sturdy because it's very lightweight but it has somehow lasted this long. Strong winds have flipped it up a couple of times but it has managed to stay in one piece.