Burberry Trenchcoats

ZoeyZoo

Feb 6, 2007
USA
Just a FYI for those interested... in the designer sale section at Nordstrom they have about 6 different style Burberry trenchcoats on sale for 40% off.

nycgirl191

Jun 3, 2008
NYC
Depends on the coat. I normally wear US size 6, Italian size 42.

My cotton cloth trench is size 6
My wool coat is size 4
My down puffer is size S

I guess it depends what fabric you buy, but I have always thought they sized generously.

Naila

Dec 27, 2006
To be honest, their classic collections are pretty small in size.
I usually wear size 0/xs (J.Crew, Ann Taylor...etc), but for all the Burberry items I bought (1 jacket and 2 trenches), I have to order size 4 / euro 38 . Size 2/ euro 36 's bust size is too tight for me to wear a sweater inside the trench.

luckygirl83

May 1, 2008
I sized up for my trench. I usually wear a 4 in coats (J Crew, BR, Gap) and 2 in clothing (most designer sizes) and I ordered a 6 in my Burberry trench (ivybridge). HTH!

goodmornin

yanko
O.G.
May 14, 2006
San Francisco!
To be honest, their classic collections are pretty small in size.
I usually wear size 0/xs (J.Crew, Ann Taylor...etc), but for all the Burberry items I bought (1 jacket and 2 trenches), I have to order size 4 / euro 38 . Size 2/ euro 36 's bust size is too tight for me to wear a sweater inside the trench.

I think Burberry is big for its designer size - I'm a 4-6 and wear the size XS in the quilted jacket.

I'm usually a size 4-6US, 8-10 UK, 38-40-42 Euro, 38 french, and Small.

JCrew, Ann Taylor and mainstream American brands just run REALLY big. I'm an XS in all those sizes. I'm usually a 26-27 in pants, but even a size 2 Gap trouser was too big for me.

plumaplomb

O.G.
Dec 10, 2008
Burbs
i have a wool overcoat size 8 that is a little roomy on me (normally 6) but i wear sweaters underneath it

Dec 26, 2008
I have to agree with Nalia about the sizing. I have the classic Burberry quilted barn style jacket~their x-large is a 10-12 in that style. So my expereince is that they run small. Maybe the new sizes run a bit more generous and true to size.

sunnyflies

Nov 14, 2006
near the ocean, NY
Off Saks in Riverhead, Long Island, NY had about four styles as well, last week, ranging from about $260 to $500. Most were light weight belted trenches, both tan and dark. Not their classic wool lined trench, but still, very pretty. There was one heavier weight fabric, quite dressy, single breasted rain coat with large gold buttons, size 12, for about $500, down from $1100. It had a lightly gathered skirt and was not a belted style. Too big for me, but great for someone else.

LilTiffany

O.G.
Jun 5, 2007
I agree with those that find that they run a bit small...if you're near a Nordies I'd go in and try it...I have a size 10 but when I tried them on there was a difference between the last two size 10's in the store (SA said b/c they're partially handmade they're not all exactly the same).

HTH!

tehkatt

O.G.
Dec 29, 2008
Hahah these posts are so contradictory!

I suppose since Nordstrom allows returns on sale items, you can buy two sizes and see which one fits! Or go to the local store and try them on before purchasing them online

Good luck!

halohalo

Nov 27, 2008
I think Burberry runs true to size, or a little small. I usually wear size 0 (24 for jeans), and I can wear Burberry size 2 (a tiny little big for me, but I don't mind, it is as small as it goes)