Burberry Trench - Outlet

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone,

Last Friday I went to Roermond Outlet with my boyfriend. My boyfriend bought a few pieces and while he was paying I was looking at the coats. Normally there are always seasonal style trenches and never the 'heritage' ones and they don't really interest me as I prefer the classic styles. I think the trenches are gorgeous but at the moment I would prefer to spend that amount of money (if I were to buy new in a Burberry boutique) on a handbag rather than a coat.

As I was browsing the coats I found a beautiful black trench and the on the label it said it was The Kensington. I was shocked! I knew it was a heritage style but why did they have it at the outlets?

I tried it on and it fit perfectly. I was a bit hesitant as it's still a lot of money even when it's in the outlet, so went to some other shops but I went back a bit later and made up my mind.
    The sales lady was very nice and showed me different ways to wear the trench. She explained me it was a Kensington trench from summer 2013 and it had been 4 years since they've had a classic style in the outlets. She didn't really know why they were there, but they were selling fast!

So I've pulled the trigger and I bought it! It was 1036€ and I had a 10% voucher so I paid 932€ for a long black Kensington Trench! :biggrin: So I thought bargain :yahoo: if I want one, it's now as they'll only get more expensive. It's currently in stores for 1795€

The only thing that I can see that's different with the current trench is collar. It doesn't have the buttons and black thing :P on it and in the coat there also no label that says 'The Kensington'.

I was wondering what you guys think: Great buy? Or would you have preferred the new style currently in store?

I can post some pics tonight :smile:

Thanks for your opinion!

2. I think it is a great buy! What a deal. I have also been looking for a deal like that for a really long time. Congratulations to you. Can't wait to see pics [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji259][emoji173]️

3. Jealous! Great find!
    :ghi5:

4. I just pulled the trigger as well and paid about $1200 USD for the long Kensington trench from the Burberry outlet and had the same question. (Sadly I'm too new to start new threads). I asked the SA and she said it was a pretty good deal. Should I return and wait for a better deal? I've always wanted a long heritage Burberry Trench...

My other question is this: I was googling and saw that the same trench is 1800 at full retail right now. The price sticker on the Kensington Trench says that it was retailing at 1600. I found this odd. Is this right or weird to anyone? Is there some difference between the Outlet Kensington vs the Retail Kensington that would set the price apart? I always have this fear that something might be "made for outlet". Since this has been one of my dream pieces :hbeat:, I'd rather wait for a retail quality Heritage Burberry trench rather than a outlet quality.

THis is my first really big clothing order and still am in a bit of sticker shock about paying over 1000 for one piece of clothing. I hear people find awesome deals at the outlets and wanted to see if this was one of them.

Early thanks for those that chime in! :smile:

5. Congrats!!

I didn't know Burberry Outlets do vouchers. Is this something that they mail to you?

6. Well if it was from 2003 it likely was the price then... You got a great deal but seem to be deliberating a lot about it.

7. Honestly, I saw the same/similar Kensington at the outlet for about 1200 (long, stone color), and really regret not snapping it up. Yes, it is from a previous season, and expensive, but it is a beautiful coat…

DO YOU LOVE IT?

I think that is the question you need to answer.

8. Oh I LOVE it!!!!! It puts a smile on my face when I just look at it. Never really paid that much for any single article of clothing so I guess my body is still going through a bit of shock.

Glad I am not overpaying and it sounds like the quality in outlet is the same as retail. Will keep for sure...now to mentally prepare me for the cashmere version.................. >=D

9. Then you made the right decision. A trench is timeless. Enjoy!

10. Scored a great deal. Mod pics!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice