Burberry Trench Coat?

Apr 22, 2018
Hi! I have been thinking about buying a Burberry trench coat for a very long time. I can afford it, but I still think it’s a lot of money for a trench coat. Is it really worth it?

I have read that some people have bad experience, especially after it’s tailored. And after it’s tailored, it’s non-refundable.

Hi! I have been thinking about buying a Burberry trench coat for a very long time. I can afford it, but I still think it’s a lot of money for a trench coat. Is it really worth it?

I have read that some people have bad experience, especially after it’s tailored. And after it’s tailored, it’s non-refundable.

I bought mine close to full price and I honestly think Burberry trenches are very well made and cut. I don’t think I need or want any tailoring at all. I say close to full price because I did get a €200 discount from MyTheresa. Other department stores also do buy XXX amount and get X amount off type of events, those tend to also include Burberry heritage trenches.

Other than that, if you like any of the seasonal styles or colors, definitely look into an outlet. Bicester Village had a ton of trenches for 30% off, and if you are a savvy traveller you can find an extra 10% off coupon, plus you can get VAT refund. You’ll end up paying half price. Downside is, even if a classic style appear it will likely be a less popular cut (I saw some westminister-esque styles I think, in olive, navy, and red). I couldn’t resist a good discount and got myself a nice Burberry Brit trench with slightly less details than a heritage trench, with brass buttons, in roughly a Sandringham cut, for just £430.

Anyway, point is. I think Burberry trenches are worth getting. However, deals can be had, and great ones too if you are not picky about details.

I bought mine close to full price and I honestly think Burberry trenches are very well made and cut. I don’t think I need or want any tailoring at all. I say close to full price because I did get a €200 discount from MyTheresa. Other department stores also do buy XXX amount and get X amount off type of events, those tend to also include Burberry heritage trenches.

Other than that, if you like any of the seasonal styles or colors, definitely look into an outlet. Bicester Village had a ton of trenches for 30% off, and if you are a savvy traveller you can find an extra 10% off coupon, plus you can get VAT refund. You’ll end up paying half price. Downside is, even if a classic style appear it will likely be a less popular cut (I saw some westminister-esque styles I think, in olive, navy, and red). I couldn’t resist a good discount and got myself a nice Burberry Brit trench with slightly less details than a heritage trench, with brass buttons, in roughly a Sandringham cut, for just £430.

Anyway, point is. I think Burberry trenches are worth getting. However, deals can be had, and great ones too if you are not picky about details.

I have heard of myTheresa, but I have never shopped there before. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any discounts on Burberry trench coats in my area, neither the department store nor at the stand alone Burberry store.

I have also heard of Bicester Village, have never been there. Should have visited there when I was in the UK a while back. I thought about getting the Burberry trench coat at Selfridges, but didn't because I thought I probably won't save much, given that I have to pay taxes to customs when I come home (yes, there was VAT refund, but the customs still charged taxes when we returned home).

I love mine. I have the Kensington short length and wear it casually with skinny jeans. It looks great and it is classic Burberry.

Buying a Burberry is not about resell value or longevity. It’s a piece of clothing, a non-durable good, it will get old and used which is the beauty of owning it.

Owning a Burberry is about the name brand and I love the fact my trench IS Burberry. That why designer stuff is out there. I buy Chanel too, and yes, it’s just a bag. But I love the fact it is Chanel, with the CC logo.

I think if you want a Burberry, there is no substitute. I would get it, new, and the exact style you want. There are several Heritage fits you can try on at the boutique.

Good luck!

FYI, if you are still planning on getting that heritage trench coat, MyTheresa is doing a sale right now. They’re definitely a legit department store (owned by US department store chain Neiman Marcus since 2014) and they ship DHL worldwide.
Check out this code round up from Chase Amie:
https://www.chaseamie.com/designer-sale-updates/mytheresa-designer-sale/

Code for shipping to Canada:
· 100 off with 600 with code FORYOU1
· 200 off with 1.200 with code FORYOU2

FYI, if you are still planning on getting that heritage trench coat, MyTheresa is doing a sale right now. They’re definitely a legit department store (owned by US department store chain Neiman Marcus since 2014) and they ship DHL worldwide.
Check out this code round up from Chase Amie:
https://www.chaseamie.com/designer-sale-updates/mytheresa-designer-sale/

Code for shipping to Canada:
· 100 off with 600 with code FORYOU1
· 200 off with 1.200 with code FORYOU2

Thank you! Good to know about the sale. I have never shopped on that website before.

I don't actually know anyone in my circle who owns a burberry trench, so I had no background on how they wear. But I wanted one as i'm a coat person and it seemed a must! Melbourne winters are windy & chilly.
So when we travelled to Vegas a few years ago it was on my list along with the bridle bag. I dont know the names at all but its a more khaki colour and mid thigh length.
ITS AMAZING!!. The fabric is actually very very wind proof and warmer than expected. I am over the moon at how good this coat is, I actually have now 'its not cold enough' for 'the Burberry' days as I get too hot. Love it. Also that Bridle I carried for 6 months straight to work everyday, rotation be damned. Not a stitch has come out, leather is still amazing and i only managed to tear the inner lining a little. Its a workhorse.