Burberry September 2017 Runway Fashion Show

Will you buy anything from the upcoming collection?

• Total voters

archengsculp

Daydreamer
Apr 2, 2016
What do you guys think of the new collection? I've just seen the highlights, but I think the brand has gone downhill so much.. it's like a BAD mix of 80's, Gucci, Vetements etc.

Attachments

• IMG_4001.JPG
    IMG_4001.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_4002.JPG
    IMG_4002.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 446
I've been turned off from Burberry RTW since they dropped the Prorsum division because shortly after the runway collection for men became reminiscent of Alessandro's Gucci aesthetic, which I'm not a fan of.

They made a big thing of the models styling it themselves (they didn't)

I absolutely love the clog-boots but I do have similar. The plastic macs for £1.5K er... no.

AM's catwalk circus is also mostly styling. If you look at each piece individually there are some beautiful things too.

They made a big thing of the models styling it themselves (they didn't)

I absolutely love the clog-boots but I do have similar. The plastic macs for £1.5K er... no.

AM's catwalk circus is also mostly styling. If you look at each piece individually there are some beautiful things too.

re: models styling- oh really? I think that's odd, why would you have models styling themselves for YOUR premium fashion runway show lol

Edit* referring to Burberry

Reactions: papertiger
re: models styling- oh really? I think that's odd, why would you have models styling themselves for YOUR premium fashion runway show lol

Edit* referring to Burberry

Just PR nonsense really. Nothing could be further from the truth

From Vogue.com

http://www.vogue.co.uk/gallery/christopher-bailey-burberry-secret-to-styling-success

"What's a global mega brand to do if it wants its styling to be on point for a new generation? Make like Christopher Bailey and ask the models.

Burberry designer revealed backstage at his show that he'd asked his army of models to help decide the finishing touches to their looks. "We worked on the looks and put them together, but made sure the models felt good in it. We asked them if they wanted those trousers, did they prefer it with this or with that," explained Bailey.

Burberry Autumn/Winter 2017 Ready To Wear
  • portrait

• portrait

• portrait

• +76
    portrait
Burberry Autumn/Winter 2017 Ready To Wear
AUTUMN/WINTER 2017
"It wasn't a forced thing it was more of a personal thing. It was important that they felt the clothes," he said.

Did his good looking focus group throw on any surprise combinations? "I was intrigued by everybody wanting everything to be really casual and really broken down," he said.

MARCUS TONDO
"But they loved a special piece. If it felt too done, too refined, too sophisticated it was, 'Oh, I need a hat with it,' he said referring the the Burberry check baseball hats that accessorised most of the 79 looks in this co-ed show.

"I suspect they might run off with the hats, after," he mused. We suspect they did."