Burberry Quilted Jacket - runs big?

ochie

princess
O.G.
Oct 26, 2008
SD
is it? i am so sad when i did not able to order it because i don't have the size, and the small is big for you? can you model it?

pcil

Living life to the fullest
O.G.
Oct 20, 2008
Silicon Valley

ACS

O.G.
Feb 15, 2008
I got this jacket (but in red :graucho:) yesterday in size small. I was nervous that it was going to be too big, but it fits fine, especially when I might wear big/thick sweaters underneath the jacket. If you got it at a great deal, you should definately keep it. I realize going bigger is better than smaller.

pcil

Living life to the fullest
O.G.
Oct 20, 2008
Silicon Valley
I got this jacket (but in red :graucho:) yesterday in size small. I was nervous that it was going to be too big, but it fits fine, especially when I might wear big/thick sweaters underneath the jacket. If you got it at a great deal, you should definately keep it. I realize going bigger is better than smaller.
Congratss ACS!! How could you get one in red? I only saw black(and blue for full price) when I ordered it.

cocoster

iamsoaddicted
May 23, 2008
i have 1 edenson (zipper front) and 1 ealand (zipper front/belted) quilted jackets in xs and they fit perfectly.

i tried on a constance (button front) in xs and it was too big/too long on me.

ACS

O.G.
Feb 15, 2008
^It might be the style b/c that style is the constance which is longer than the edenson. I'm 5'0 and got 2 constances: 1 xs and 1 small. I'm short and should have gotten the edenson, but it's ok...I still love them!! :love:

Jul 3, 2006
I wear an extra small in the constance without the liner, but for the one with the liner, I bought a small. The liner fabric clings to things (like felt almost) and although the XS fit, it wasn't as comfortable. I guess when I take the liner out this spring, it will be a little loose, but it's still worth it to be able to wear it in the winter.

gr8heart

-for YSL!
May 23, 2006
Minnesota
did anyone get this jacket? i ordered it in small because i tried on other jackets at the store and fit a small or medium but when i got this in, it was pretty big. did anyone find this to be the case? i'm debating whether to keep it.

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...<>ast_id=1408474399545537&bmUID=1233300728032
:yes:I ordered one also and feel it is bigger than I expected. I tried it on with a thick sweater and it fits fine. It was such a good deal that I will end up keeping it.

vagabag

O.G.
Dec 31, 2006
Thanks, all, for sharing your thoughts. And thanks, Pcil, for the input on the different styles

Charleston-mom - so how big is the Small with liner on you? How was the XS uncomfortable? I don't plan to wear thick sweaters with this jacket, just lighter weight sweaters so I don't know if it's too big. The shoulders are pretty broad on me.

ang2383

O.G.
Dec 1, 2006