Burberry Prorsum Sizing

chynaxdawl

Sep 22, 2006
hi, i'm interested in buying a burberry prorsum trench coat but am not sure of my size. it's a uk 8/10 and the site's size chart says that makes it a usa 6/8 but the sales associate told me that it runs really small. i'm generally a us 4 in coats...does anyone have any experience/insight?

Is the label Burberry Prorsum or Burberry???

Burberry Prorsum uses Italian sizing and Burberry uses English sizing.
If it's Burberry Prorsum a US4 would need an IT size 40 - 42.

If it's Burberry a US4 would normally wear a UK size 8-10 but Burberry sizing is often generous.

Ask the SA for shoulder, bust and waist measurements :yes:

if you are not too busty, then i'd say go with size 40, or UK 6. I've tried on their prorsum coats in size 40 and they run a little larger than italian size 40's...but if you are taller, more curvy, etc., and plan on wearing heavier knits under the coat, then a 42 or UK 8 may be better.

thanks everyone for the help!

if it is too big...do you think it'd be something that's easily altered? i imagine it'd mostly just be the bust/shoulders that need to be taken in since it's a trench coat...?

so this is the coat i've been posting about...i just won the auction but i want to feel at ease that it is in fact authentic...anyone have any input?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...%2FJsaU%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

here are a few more images the seller provided:
IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

thanks in advance!!!