burberry jacket for a 30 year old

That's the style of Burberry jacket that older women used to walk their dogs in over here. They'd always wear them with a beige cashmere jumper (sweater) over a white blouse, a long, A-line tweed skirt, woollen tights and walking shoes.

I believe Barbara Woodhouse, a famous UK dogtrainer, had one...

This was way before Burberry was thought to be 'Chavvy'.

They're not popular for young women over here, but you never know, they may well be destined to come back into fashion soon. :yes:

I'm, potentially, not adverse to a little quilting, but the overall shape and the collar are a little too 'buttoned up' for me.

You're only young once! :biggrin:

I'm not a big fan. It _does_ seem too mature.

Apologies for hijacking your thread, but --

Newbie Q: On the Burberry web site, I only see one wool coat for ladies. That can't be the only winter coat, can it? Where can I see more online?

There are a lot of wool coats on the Burberry website....

But also try neimanmarcus.com, saks.com, net-a-porter.com, luisaviaroma.com, nordstrom.com.

:flowers:

I love the quilted jackets...I'm 26 and I have 2 of them. I think the snap buttons do make it a bit older, how about the ones w/ zipper or the big buttons? They are slightly shorter, so they look younger.

I found it on their website...left one without collar, right one with collar. (I wear the black one everywhere!!!)
pBUR-2124782t251x309.jpg
pBUR-2679449t251x309.jpg

I agree with gingerfarm about the zipper/big button jackets. I'm 27 and I have both the snap-button one from the original post and the zipper one in gingerfarm's post. The button jacket is longer and more boxy-fitting so you can wear more layers underneath. It looks more conservative. The zipper jacket is very fitted (can't wear thick sweaters underneath) and looks very young. They come in lots of bright colors too, so those would look less mature.