Burberry Heritage Kensington Trench Coat Sale?

I’ve wanted a Burberry Trench coat for a while, and specifically, I want the Mid length Kensington Heritage trench coat in black. I’m thinking about just biting the bullet and getting it, but I’m curious if this style ever goes on sale. I do live near outlets, but I don’t want an outlet style, and I wear a size U.K. 8/ US 4, a popular size, so I feel like I would have to get very lucky.

Reactions: Summer607
From what I've seen, the heritage styles (Kensington, Chelssa, etc) don't go on sale. However, during covid times, they might go on sale to boost sales. Just my assumption on this, no intel on it going on sale.

Hi! I have never seen the Heritage line go on sale, I've only seen it increase in price. I have the Kensington as well and love it.
Did you ever get your trench? If not, I would suggest biting the bullet and getting it at a boutique. I had to had my sleeves shortened and they did a great job. You can't even tell, and with these sleeves, it's a bit complicated due to the tab near the wrist. They had to move my tabs during the shortening process. Good luck! I am sure you will love this trench. For reference, I have the Kensington Short in Honey, and I wear it often. The short length is no longer available, and I wanted to get a second Kensington, but in black. The Burberry SA said the medium length can be shorten to the "Short" length, free of charge. The cut is the same, only the length is different which is great.

Hi! I have never seen the Heritage line go on sale, I've only seen it increase in price. I have the Kensington as well and love it.
Did you ever get your trench? If not, I would suggest biting the bullet and getting it at a boutique. I had to had my sleeves shortened and they did a great job. You can't even tell, and with these sleeves, it's a bit complicated due to the tab near the wrist. They had to move my tabs during the shortening process. Good luck! I am sure you will love this trench. For reference, I have the Kensington Short in Honey, and I wear it often. The short length is no longer available, and I wanted to get a second Kensington, but in black. The Burberry SA said the medium length can be shorten to the "Short" length, free of charge. The cut is the same, only the length is different which is great.

I did get it! I ended up getting it during a Saks promo, where you get a 600 dollar gift card if you spend 2000 dollars :smile:. But I agree, 100% worth it

Wow, just ordered Kensington mid length trench in honey color and decided to check this forum and here it is similiar post.
i got it on sale today and the last one:smile: can’t wait to receive it! I was just wondering why this one has dark buttons, I suspect is from last season?I actually like it more, kind of giving some contrast!
attaching picture

Attachments

• 24083EEE-B6FB-4E6A-A1C8-6976F9AB812F.jpeg
    24083EEE-B6FB-4E6A-A1C8-6976F9AB812F.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: Strep2031
Wow, just ordered Kensington mid length trench in honey color and decided to check this forum and here it is similiar post.
i got it on sale today and the last one:smile: can’t wait to receive it! I was just wondering why this one has dark buttons, I suspect is from last season?I actually like it more, kind of giving some contrast!
attaching picture

from my experience, I noticed that there were two styles of trench coats. One was called “Burberry Kensington Trench Coat”, and the other was “Burberry The Heritage Trenchcoat, Kensington”. The cuts on each were slightly different, and one had black buttons and the other had horn.

I actually like the black buttons more on the honey color. Congrats on your purchase! It’s beautiful.

attaching picture
Hi! I have the same coat if yours is the Heritage Kensington which based on the fit in the photo, I am sure it is. I bought mine in 2017, and it has the dark buttons which I love. In 2018, they changed to the lighter buttons.

By the way, you said you purchased the mid length, but the photo you posted is the short length which is now discontinued. It may also be why that trench is on sale as the Heritage line never goes on sale. I am sure the photo is the short length as that is how mine looks. Which by the way, I love my short! I was going to get the mid length and wear it casual with skinny jeans. When I tried on the short vs. mid length, the short was no doubt the winner.

You got a great deal! I love the short length and wish it would come back.

Here is a link to the mid length. You can see the length is much longer than your photo:
The Mid-length Kensington Heritage Trench Coat in Honey - Women | Burberry United States

Last edited:
Reactions: jasmine007
Hi! I have the same coat if yours is the Heritage Kensington which based on the fit in the photo, I am sure it is. I bought mine in 2017, and it has the dark buttons which I love. In 2018, they changed to the lighter buttons.

By the way, you said you purchased the mid length, but the photo you posted is the short length which is now discontinued. It may also be why that trench is on sale as the Heritage line never goes on sale. I am sure the photo is the short length as that is how mine looks. Which by the way, I love my short! I was going to get the mid length and wear it casual with skinny jeans. When I tried on the short vs. mid length, the short was no doubt the winner.

You got a great deal! I love the short length and wish it would come back.

Here is a link to the mid length. You can see the length is much longer than your photo:
The Mid-length Kensington Heritage Trench Coat in Honey - Women | Burberry United States
Thanks for the info:smile:)
That’s interesting :smile:) now I am curious what I will get. The description says mid length, but I like the short one as well. :smile:) The Kensington - Mid-Length Heritage Trench Coat, Honey

Reactions: BigAkoya
Thanks for the info:smile:)
That’s interesting :smile:) now I am curious what I will get. The description says mid length, but I like the short one as well. :smile:) The Kensington - Mid-Length Heritage Trench Coat, Honey
If you like the short, I hope that’s what you will receive. I love the length and regret not getting the black also in short. It’s a great length, especially for spring or early fall which is when I use mine. i hope it will come back.

Congrats again! Great find! And I for one love the dark buttons!

Reactions: jasmine007