Burberry Happy Scarf?

Selena

O.G.
Jan 26, 2006
Hi gang. I am contemplating getting a Nova Check Burberry Happy Scarf tommorow (Fringe on both sides). Anyone have this? Any thoughts?

$225
Would this be clashy to wear with Mono LV??
Your imput will be appreciated!

Selena

In my opinion, I think it would be designer logo overload, especially since Burberry is not exactly "subdued" (and neither is LV monogram canvas). I am personally not a fan of the novacheck, and I like the other colors much better, such as candy check or solid colors.

When I see someone carrying, for example, a loud Fendi bag, wearing huge Chanel logo glasses and a huge Burberry novacheck scarf and trench (with the novacheck showing of course), I can't help but think that this person is trying to prove something...and that all of her items are fake.

Go for something more subdued and understated. :smile: Hope this helps. I do not mean to offend anybody...

I have that scarf in red, and LOVE it. I personally wouldn't wear them the same time because they are both so easily recongized - I usually mix and match my designer items with casual stuff. But that's just me. I'd say if the outfit looks good on you, go for it!

I think that the scarf itself is great! I love Burberry scarves. If you want to pair it with LV I would just say to look in the mirror and make sure you don't feel like it is overpowering with the logos. It always depends ont he outfit, but it could work!!

I have a version of the scarf that isn't as obvious (in terms of the Nova check...it is the basic tan, but with vertical stripes in the black, white, and red, down the middle), and I have worn it with LV Monogram items. I think 2 designers at once is as far as I will go, but it's really a personal preference...if you love it, go for it.

Well heres is the update....
Bad news: Didnt get the scarf.....

Good news: Got another pair of Chanel Sunnies #6014 brand new and GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who needs burberry when you can have chanel :smile:
Thanks for all for your help.
Selena