Burberry handbag lining splitting from the leather-HELP?

I don't mean to sound rude, but GOOD LUCK! You'll have a good time trying to get Burberry to touch the bag in disrepair with a 10-foot pole. They just give a bunch of lame excuses and blame the problem on you. I've heard responses to issues with their bags such as, "You should have taken the bag" or "It's just normal wear and tear." I think that it would be fair to mention that this all happened at the San Francisco Burberry.

thanks for your insight, I'm so bummed my lining came apart from the leather that I was hoping the store can help! I don't need any attitude since I paid so much for my bag, so I will try to find someone, somewhere to help me get it fix.

appreciate your time to reply!

euroaddict, I'm so sorry that's the customer service you received from them. The Burberry store near me goes out of their way to provide excellent customer service (Costa Mesa, CA). I've taken in my Burberrys before for repairs and have gotten great results from them. Esyee, you can always give it a try. Hopefully their CS has improved.

novablue-it's great to you had a good experience, thanks for sharing.

I'll call them today and see what kind of response I get, I really want them to fix it as it anything went wrong, they are responsible. I will keep everyone posted!

I call the Burberry San Francisco store this morning and they were quite helpful. They told me that Burberry is offer a new service to help fix, replace, repair your Burberry item. The will quote you the service you need when they check the bag.

They quoted me the following:
$18 to repair/sew my lining
$60 to clean the lining
$140 to replace the entire lining

$20 for shipping it directly back to you when the repair is complete, you will get a new dust bag when they return it to you.
1 year warranty on their work they perform

Since I went through all this trouble, I think I will consider replacing my lining as it's wearing thin in 2 spots and I have a few ink spots on the bottom. I will keep you posted on the quality of their service.:smile:

thanks for your insight, I'm so bummed my lining came apart from the leather that I was hoping the store can help! I don't need any attitude since I paid so much for my bag, so I will try to find someone, somewhere to help me get it fix.

appreciate your time to reply!

Yikes! I just purchased a Burberry Beaton Patent bag for $999 and don't want to hear that!! I purchased it at an outlet store and have 14 days to return. I just haven't read the best things about Burberry service. Do the items at the outlets carry any kind of warranty? She told me if I have any problems with it in the first year to call them. She didn't say they would repair it though. I just can't throw out that kind of money hoping the purse will be high quality. :sweatdrop: Would love to hear other comments.

Yikes! I just purchased a Burberry Beaton Patent bag for $999 and don't want to hear that!! I purchased it at an outlet store and have 14 days to return. I just haven't read the best things about Burberry service. Do the items at the outlets carry any kind of warranty? She told me if I have any problems with it in the first year to call them. She didn't say they would repair it though. I just can't throw out that kind of money hoping the purse will be high quality. :sweatdrop: Would love to hear other comments.

I shop at the Burberry outlet in Vacaville, CA and when ever someone makes a purchase (clothing, bag, or other), they make it clear that outlet purchases are sold as is and are not covered under any type of warranty. After the 30 day return period you're on your own. I'm really weary of purchasing any leather goods from outlets because of the no warranty situation. It also does not help that, from my experience, Burberry's quality in recent times has begun to dwindle.

Also make sure to keep your receipts from all your purchases because I've noticed that they've stopped taking customer's names when a purchase is made (at least at their S.F. and Santa Clara boutique and at the Vacaville outlet). They said it was due to a lawsuit that someone in California filed against them involving privacy. In case you do have a gripe, the receipt can act as a proof of authenticity. (I don't see why it's just them, though. Louis Vuitton still keeps customer profiles.)

I shop at the Burberry outlet in Vacaville, CA and when ever someone makes a purchase (clothing, bag, or other), they make it clear that outlet purchases are sold as is and are not covered under any type of warranty. After the 30 day return period you're on your own. I'm really weary of purchasing any leather goods from outlets because of the no warranty situation. It also does not help that, from my experience, Burberry's quality in recent times has begun to dwindle.

(I don't see why it's just them, though. Louis Vuitton still keeps customer profiles.)

The SA did take my name and information for her database. She was very professional and said that if I had any problems to call her (but who knows how long she will be there). I have a Coach patent bag that I've had no problems with, but I was looking at a Versace bag in Saks Off Fifth Outlet that was beautiful, until I saw how it had peeled. I might have considered it, bought and THEN realized the mess it was in.

Since many of you have purses from other companies, would you mind sharing how you would compare Burberry with others in the designer lines? I've had no problems with my two Mulberry and although a lot of people look down on Coach, I've had no problems with their higher end ($800 range) bags either (patent or leather). It's just when I get to the $1000 range, I get a little anxious. Thanks so much.

I think that quality-wise their leather bags are still on par with other designers because the majority of them are still made in Italy. It's the bags made from their canvases that have started to tremble because they have been outsourced to the third world. The care into the material and the care that was put into manufacturing them is just not there anymore.

I think that quality-wise their leather bags are still on par with other designers because the majority of them are still made in Italy. It's the bags made from their canvases that have started to tremble because they have been outsourced to the third world. The care into the material and the care that was put into manufacturing them is just not there anymore.

What else would you put Burberry in the same class with? I've never been fond of the plaid but I do like the leather ones. I'd never seen much of it until I saw a scarf and then some handbags at Nordstrom.

I don't know of a perfect comparison, but I would put Burberry's leather bags on par with Coach leather products. They can be used as workhorses. But even saying that, Coach IMO still has better quality stuff despite being outsourced to China.

I like Burberry leather a little better than Coach because the Coach ones I find are heavier. Coach has the new lighter leather (Garcia?) but it looks a little plastic-like. I know I'm in the Burberry forum and am probably bias towards Burberry but I do like leather purses that won't throw my shoulder out. ;)