Burberry experts! Do I need to scotch guard my new coin purse?

purseluv

O.G.
May 31, 2006
I got a Burberry coin case in the Haymarket print, and it is made in Italy. The outside seems pretty thick and waterproof, but I wanted to make sure. Should I protect it somehow? I am planning on hanging it off my keychain. Never owned a Burberry item before. Thank you! :biggrin:

i tried looking for a scotch guard, but didnt have any luck finding any where i live, and when i went to the burberry store they said to go a the Coach store for any leather treament products as they do not carry any. The sales rep from Coach adv to try it out in a small area first since the haymarket check is different material then what Coach make their products out of....

Or you can spray Wilson's protectant on it. They have good wipes for cleaning leather bags too. I would spray your Burberry coin purse because you will get stuff on it from your hands and the coins. I always spray all my Burberry wallets, purses etc. I even used a little Wilson's lotion the band of my Burberry watch. haha

I've never sprayed any of my burberry bags that are coated canvas. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea though. If you do get it dirty shout wipes are the best cleaning tool ever! I took one on my bags into a burberry store and they cleaned it for me with one. I have used them on all my designer bags since.

yea im getting the haymarket card case...and i was wondering about this too since the card case will be in my pocket im afraid my jeans will bleed on the card case. so im guessing scotch guard would work?

For the most part, I was told that most Burberry items (bags, wallets, etc) are not leather unless stated otherwise. Aren't they a PVC (vinyl-coated canvas) material..which is very similar to plastic? Therefore I don't think any coating or protectant is needed as they are pretty resistant to stains and scratches.

The most burberry items have coated canvas just like louis vuitton, so you don't have to fear if it is waterproof or not. Unless it's not leather or coated canvas of course.

No, I think you should leave it alone. I would be afraid to ruin it and their items are already coated even if they are uncoated canvas they are already treated with scotchguard and t he haymarket collection is made of coated canvas, very durable and stain resistant. I have never heard of color transfer issues with the haymarket collection but if you are concerned get the special cleaner burberry makes for coated canvas (PVC), I have that for my Nova and they recommend it for them. I would not use any other brand period as you can ruin your wallet.

I have a megacheck canvas tote in white, light grey & red. I was going to scotchguard it. I have'nt used it once for fear of getting it dirty. From what I can see it doesn't appear to have been treated by Burberry with anything. Argh! I go back and forth on the Scotchguard.

No, I think you should leave it alone. I would be afraid to ruin it and their items are already coated even if they are uncoated canvas they are already treated with scotchguard and t he haymarket collection is made of coated canvas, very durable and stain resistant. I have never heard of color transfer issues with the haymarket collection but if you are concerned get the special cleaner burberry makes for coated canvas (PVC), I have that for my Nova and they recommend it for them. I would not use any other brand period as you can ruin your wallet.

OVincze: where can I buy Burberry cleaner for coated canvas??

Hello guys! I have a new Burberry Nova Check. One of my friends had her same bag stained from denim, What can I use to protect my bag form staining? Can I use Scotch Guard/ or stain protectant on it? Please recommend products - exact brand/kind if possible so I can order it online :smile: Thanks

This is my very first B bag and I want to treat it like a baby :biggrin:

Thanks for bearing with me....

Just bumping up this thread? Please help!
What kind of Scoth Guard can I use for my new Burberry? I need something like stain protectant.

Thanks in advance for your help...