Burberry Does Not Stand Behind Their Products

Lodpah

Dec 10, 2015
Ok something has changed as far as I can tell, Burberry, to me now, is like a 3rd rate tier bag company.

I’ve bought so many things from them. Never again. I bought my daughter a Prorsum bag for Christmas. The bag’s clasp closure fell off. Nothing drastic, normal wear. I took it to Burberry to get it repaired. It definitely was defective. Nope, nada, nothing. They don’t stand behind their products.

Posting for what it’s worth.

That’s unfortunate. I’m sorry that you didn’t have a good experience.
I’ve been shopping from Burberry since 2015 at my local store and they’ve always provided excellent service.
However, I have never bought a bag in-stores before. They depreciate in value too much for me. I’ve bought a couple pre-loved back in the day in excellent condition. They were given away to my mom but they’ve held up very well so far.

That’s unfortunate. I’m sorry that you didn’t have a good experience.
I’ve been shopping from Burberry since 2015 at my local store and they’ve always provided excellent service.
However, I have never bought a bag in-stores before. They depreciate in value too much for me. I’ve bought a couple pre-loved back in the day in excellent condition. They were given away to my mom but they’ve held up very well so far.
Like you I have been buying as far back as 2008. I have tons of their scarfs, bought bags as gifts, own a few and the Burberry store at Ala Moana in Honolulu is the worst. I swear they have their spiel all laid out. There’s nothing they can do, unfortunately blah blah blah they say. Never again. I really loved their products and this is the first time I have bought a bag and clasp falls off and they don’t care to do anything about it. Sorry for ranting but I’m upset.

Ok something has changed as far as I can tell, Burberry, to me now, is like a 3rd rate tier bag company.

I’ve bought so many things from them. Never again. I bought my daughter a Prorsum bag for Christmas. The bag’s clasp closure fell off. Nothing drastic, normal wear. I took it to Burberry to get it repaired. It definitely was defective. Nope, nada, nothing. They don’t stand behind their products.

Posting for what it’s worth.
My guess is since Prorsum has been out of production since 2016, they might not have the pieces to repair the clasp. Might be worth emailing customer service though!

Christmas gift for my daughter. Yes, it's totally defective.
Hmm that's rubbish. An expensive bag shd not fall apart that quick. At the start of luxury bag buying I convinced myself that buying pricier bags meant they would be more durable. When my mui mui bag broke at 6 months they took it and sent it to Italy to be repaired free and were apologetic. Was put off still though and have never purchased from there again but at least they fixed it. Poor showing from burberry. Hope they r able to resolve it for you.

Reactions: Lodpah