Burberry Care

cheertiger

Feb 7, 2009
Kansas
I got my first Burberry purse today. :yahoo:

I was wondering, is it smart to appleguard or put any kind of protectant on the coated canvas? Do you have any tips or tricks that you use to keep your purse in top shape?

pcil

Living life to the fullest
O.G.
Oct 20, 2008
Silicon Valley
congratss!! I didn't put anything on mine, but I've found out today that it gets a little dirty. I'm wondering what to do as well

suzlywoozly

Jan 29, 2009
Someone mentioned to me that you can use a mr clean magic eraser on the coated canvas bags. I am kindof scared to try it.

xflirt

newb. :)
Jun 11, 2008
sin city.
you have to be careful with the coated canvas ones... esp the novacheck ones. they tend to soak up dark color like a sponge. my friend wore these really dark jeans with 'em and by the end of the day, it stained the bag. we couldn't get it off! we went back to the store and they said there wasn't much they could do.....

IFFAH

"..."
Jan 22, 2006
I usually immediately use baby wipes to wipe off my bag after every use. That helps to keep it away from dirt.

cheertiger

Feb 7, 2009
Kansas
you have to be careful with the coated canvas ones... esp the novacheck ones. they tend to soak up dark color like a sponge. my friend wore these really dark jeans with 'em and by the end of the day, it stained the bag. we couldn't get it off! we went back to the store and they said there wasn't much they could do.....
It is a nova check that I got. Would pretreating help to protect from this color transfer?

xflirt

newb. :)
Jun 11, 2008
sin city.
i honestly don't know. i'd do wihat IFFAH does.. just baby wipe the heck out of it and try to keep it away from dark clothes? i think the 'product care' info card they provide warns you about this, too.

good luck and congratulations! :smile:

BuRberrie

O.G.
Feb 9, 2009
I use mild baby wipes as well on my Burberry canvas and they erase every dirt stain! Works like a charm!