Burberry cape packaging

claraclara

Bag-Aholic
O.G.
Oct 1, 2007
I got a Burberry cape from the Nordstrom sale online but didn’t come with any Burberry box or garment bag. I was thinking of going to Burberry flagship store To ask about it when it reopens for storage. Not sure what the cape would have Been packaged in, any one have one From flagship and can tell me so I know what to ask for ? Thanks

I got a Burberry cape from the Nordstrom sale online but didn’t come with any Burberry box or garment bag. I was thinking of going to Burberry flagship store To ask about it when it reopens for storage. Not sure what the cape would have Been packaged in, any one have one From flagship and can tell me so I know what to ask for ? Thanks
I had the same experience with my Burberrh scarf and jacket ordered from Nordstrom/Neimann. Last week I ordered a scarf directly Burberry and it came in beautiful Burberry box and, nicely wrapped up too!

Reactions: claraclara
I recently purchased a men’s toiletry pouch from Saks online and it came with the dust bag but no box. I was a little taken a back but did not mind. When I’ve purchased Gucci in the Neiman Marcus store, it came with the box, dust bag, etc. Only one other time did it something I purchased in the Neiman Marcus store, it was the sale they have end of May/ beginning of June (I believe). It was Prada flip flops but I didn’t mind, they came with a plastic drawstring bag with the Prada logo though. When I purchased my cotton appliqué hood a month ago, it came in a Burberry shopping paper bag (no handles) and was packed in the beautiful green packaging but no box, which I figured since it was a clothing item.

I bought mine a few years ago from the Burberry location at the Short Hills Mall. The SA packed it in a box. I bought 2 more after that from the Burberry outlet. They are my fav pieces.

When I order items from Nordstrom online, the items never come with packaging. In store though, they usually do provide some kind of packaging or branded dust bag.

I think maybe online orders don’t have boxes or other packaging to help reduce shipping costs.

It’s possible that department stores pay extra for packaging, or save money from suppliers by refusing it, or just simply get a limited number. If you’re big on packaging or need it for a gift, I suggest either buying directly from one of the brand’s stores, or going in-store to buy the item and ask the department store to ensure packaging is included.